You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 27-06-04 12:27:50

Darren

wide roundabouts

I have trouble at roundabouts. Its not the entering, but the lanes. There is loads of roundabouts that dont have line markings on them, I somtimes stray. I know its dangerous, thats why im asking for help and advise. It only really happens when im going straight on, at a roundabout

27-06-04 12:27:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: wide roundabouts

#2 28-06-04 12:30:23

Liesa

Hi mclaren

A lot of learners have this problem so don't feel as though you're on your own!

If the problem occurs mainly when going straight on, it's normally down to the driver not looking left into their lane as they enter the roundabout. As you enter the roundabout make sure that you look where you want the car to go i.e. the left hand lane. That way you should automatically steer the car correctly into the lane.

The above will work with all lanes on all types of roundabout.

I hope you don't mind me stepping in and answering this question?

I can assure you that apart from the learners usergroup, there are only myself and 4 others who can view this board!

Let us know how it goes on your next lesson.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 02-07-04 00:34:20

Darren

Liesa wrote:

I hope you don't mind me stepping in and answering this question?

Hi Liesa, Thanks for answering the question, To be honest, i don't care who answers the questions i ask, aslong as there answered lol and i think i speak for everybody here big_smile

You said look in the left lane, but how do you define which is the left lane, if theres no road markings? On several roundabouts in Edinburgh, theyve got black tar marks which i use as the dashed line, but there are a couple of large roundabouts that dont have any markings atall.

Cant the road people (who ever are incharge of the roads :oops: ) mark lines on roundabouts, to make it easier for us learner drivers, and other road users?

#4 02-07-04 08:32:07

Liesa

Hi mclaren

If there are no markings at all, just look towards the left hand side (Kerb) of the roundabout, that should do the trick.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 02-07-04 13:43:07

Darren

Liesa wrote:

Hi mclaren

If there are no markings at all, just look towards the left hand side (Kerb) of the roundabout, that should do the trick.

thanks, ill try that big_smile
At the moment, i was forced to put my lessons on hold, as i was short on cash :oops: but i plan to get the theory out the road first :? .

I will tell you how i get on in my next lesson

Thanks again

#6 02-07-04 20:05:24

Liesa

Glad to be able to help wink

Board footer