You are not logged in.

#1 22-06-04 21:20:42

slydog

500 quid for part one

had interview tonight and was quoted 500 quid for the part 1 test that is 27 hours in classroom and your books i still have to pay the 50 quid test fee on top is this about the right way to go do you think

22-06-04 21:20:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 500 quid for part one

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 22-06-04 21:40:28

adi
Verified Member
Website

Hi,
I personally wouldn't. You can buy homestudy packs from Driving School suppliers for alot less than that. It depends on whether you can study at home alone and take it all in or whether you need a classroom environment with a tutor to guide you. 500.00 is a big chunk that could be better spent on part 2 or 3 tuition. That's my personal opinion anyway. What does everyone else think :?:

#3 23-06-04 06:22:10

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi

Strongly agree with "adi" £500 + £50 is more than I would pay.  I did my part 1 on a home study pack, and passed, I think it cost £99 +exam from one of the training establishements.

Similar (if not better) ones are available from £86 at www.desktopdriving.com  or  www.rcmmarketing.co.uk

Whichever route  you decide to go, you do need to be prepared to study (and have somewhere quiet  to do it).

An invaluable source of online advice or training is www.smartdriving.co.uk

cheers

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#4 23-06-04 07:41:25

Liesa

Have to agree with everyone above.

My husband Kev paid for 1 of these class room courses, it wasn't worth the money he paid for it!

Get your self a home study pack, but just make sure you set yourself a study timetable, that way you'll be more likey to knuckkle down and get on with it.

Good luck and keep us informed of how it's going!

#5 23-06-04 08:00:38

Ozzie

I agree with the above, I trained with BSM, not the cheapest, and paid out around £120 for part one training, albeit some 10 years ago. That included classroom training, mock tests etc. However now the DSA publish the question bank, you can get the questions and mock tests on CDrom. I reckon you can get the study material for £30+ test fees.

Ozzie

#6 23-06-04 08:25:51

Midge
Website

As has been said, you can get the full question bank from the DSA for about £30.  If you don't study well on your own, why not see if there is anyone else in your area and make a study group.  You don't need to publish your address here,  just the area, and see what the reaction is,  much better to spend a pound or two on petrol, than that wacking great amount,
Midge

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#7 23-06-04 09:36:59

Badger

£500 for Part 1 is a complete rip-off.  Dont even consider it !!

Get the question bank and the ADI 14 from the DSA, the CD ROM from Morrissons and you can do it on your own.

It is my view that anyone who cannot study for the Part1 exam on their own is probably not up to becomingt an ADI anyway !

Badger

#8 23-06-04 10:57:58

slydog

thanks for your input i could study on my own qote easily so il go with that . as you say 550 is a lot of money i might post on here for anyone in the essex area and see how it goes thanks for the advice im sure il have plenty more questions to ask hope i dont bore you all lol    mark

#9 23-06-04 14:17:21

Gizmotime
Administrator

I got the DSA question bank from them for £5 plus the Video for the HPT,and set myself a timetable,it's working out very well up to now anyway smile

#10 30-06-04 23:57:41

minimodz
Verified Member

i paid a couple of hundred - thats all books DVD's etc, supplied plus a freephone helpline whenever i needed it.

Board footer