You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 04-03-04 20:33:02

silverstone

wannabe

hi every one i'm new to all this sort of thing. i am thinking of becoming an A.D.I can anyone tell me how much the training costs  and maybe set up costs etc  any advice would be welcome ta very much    :?

04-03-04 20:33:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: wannabe

#2 04-03-04 20:57:56

Liesa

Hi Silverstone and welcome on board.

The cost of training will vary greatly from one course to another, some want the money up front, others will allow you to pay as you go along. It's worth ringing around to get a few quotes before you commit to anything and don't jump in at the first offer.

I initially went for one of these companies that offer a complete training course, they expected you to pay for each part of the course well before you took it.

Let me ellaborate a little. They offered a one day part one course which needed to be paid for before attending, whilst on this part of the course, you were expected to pay for the part two course, then when you attended the part two course you were asked to pay for part three.

If my memory serves me correctly the cost of the course came to somewhere in the region of £1500-£2000. I do know a Independant local trainer who charges by the hour (£30 per hour)

You've then got the exam costs

Part 1 £50
Part 2 £62
Part 3 £62

Then the cost of a trainee licence if you decide to take one out £100 and it's only valid for 6 months.

Once you qualify you then have to pay to go on the register £200 this then has to be renued every 2 years.

After that your costs will depend on whether you go for a franchise or decide to be an independant.

I hope all the figures don't put you off, because it's a very rewarding career. If you really want to do it good luck and go for it!

#3 04-03-04 21:09:10

Bob_FOADS

I did my training with a HUGE driving school and the final total cost was around the £3k mark for the licence.

Having done it, I suggest you go for the local independet person charging by the hour.

for Part one read the driving instructors handbook, DSA theory test questions book and highway code.

For part two get an instructor to teach you how to drive again (you WILL need lessons for this)

For part 3, again, go for the local instructor who has done part three training before. Part 3 tends to be the most difficult to pass depending on how you are as a person. I always regarded myself as a good teacher untill I got training for part 3 then I saw where I'd been going wrong for years when teaching stuff other than driving (computers, mechanics, motorcycles etc.)

#4 05-03-04 07:47:29

DAVE-ADI

All the part 1 questions are on the focus CD, which you can buy from places like Morrisons (£5.99)  and ASDA.   

I haven't tried it myself yet but I think it allows you to do mock tests.

#5 05-03-04 11:59:11

pageant

I passed parts 1+2 without any training. I wouldnt necessarily advise it but I passed them both first time so some money can be saved there if you put the study in and you are easily able to correct (TEMPORARILY!) any relevant bad driving habits you may have. Part 3 is the only exam you definitely need training for as it is by far the most difficult.

#6 07-03-04 14:07:59

silverstone

thank you all for your response you have the old butterflies going in me now i think i'm looking forward to it :?:  but again thanks

Board footer