You are not logged in.

#1 04-03-04 08:02:59

Roberts

instruction time.

lots of thanks for that info guys. makes things simpler.
I took my 2hr assesment yesterday with BSM, as I have driven before about three years ago for almost seven years. I expected to be rusty but not too majorly bad. We did some driving, and all the basic manouveres. I got the parallel parking o.k, three point turn a doddle, and the rest of assesment was spent doing lots of lefts and rights. I didn't cut any corners, mount curbs, clip mirrors, get too close either side, cut anyone up, stall the car or any no-no's, in fact we drove several times round some difficult spots as there were blind exits, roadworks, etc and by the time we finished I was fully confident again, but got pulled on some bad habits that came back fast! one hand driving etc, and relying on mirrors for manouvers, rather than looking over my shoulder. He seemed really relaxed and didn't need the dual controls at all, or reminding me of drifting.
. But at the same time the instructor was telling me that my driving was telling him I was an experienced driver, and the way I handled the car was also, regarding clutch and gear usage he reckons I need probably another twenty hours instruction to bring me up to scratch for the test
Does this sound excessive? or am I being overconfident at this stage

04-03-04 08:02:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: instruction time.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 04-03-04 08:12:10

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

It's always difficult for instructors to comment without actually seeing your driving.

Try a one hour lesson with an independant instructor, perhaps one recommended by a friend.

The current national average is said to be around 40 hours, but that's an average and you might not be(?!*!*?)

The taking of a driving test should actually be a joint decision, without your agreement confidence will soon ebb away.

Hope this helps you decide.

Regards,

#3 04-03-04 08:57:00

Roberts

I don't actually know anyone in the area who could recomend an independant instructor, I live in Sittingbourne, Kent, could anyone on the forum recomend someone to me?

#4 04-03-04 16:49:28

jonks

Bigred, Isn't that your area?

Don't worry Roberts, we will find you a good independent instructor to try!

#5 04-03-04 17:45:28

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

Well yes Kent is our area, but we have no one who can cover Sittingbourne at present. Faversham is our nearest, so I'll contact him to see if he knows any good instructors up your way.

regards,

#6 06-03-04 20:30:16

Roberts

Thanks guys, really helpful indeed!!  lol

Board footer