You are not logged in.

#1 19-09-05 19:27:11

BassGirl
Verified Member

pink licence

i was meant to start my pink today but the driving school that had signed up said my car "might" be ready tomorrow and they havent got me any pupils at all.

:evil:

for when i finally do get started has anyone got any tips for me?

all help is much appreciated

Kath

19-09-05 19:27:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: pink licence

#2 19-09-05 19:31:19

WhatThe

Hi Bassgirl
Sorry no tips for you as not at your stage, but just want to wish you luck,  hope they find you some pupils soon.

#3 19-09-05 19:45:14

luchell

Hiya kath. I bet you can't wait to get started. lol

My tips are, remember what a pink licence is for, use it properly and don't lose sight of your green badge. Try doing half hour mini lessons on a pst to help you get in the swing of teaching a certain subject for half an hour.

Remember you know far far more than the pupil and you must believe in yourself. Keep alert and predict what might happen ahead. Also if you come across anything you're not sure about ask! It worked for me. Good luck.

#4 19-09-05 22:40:58

Django

Keep them on a tight lead and don't move away from those dual controls.

Apart from that enjoy yourself. wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 20-09-05 05:27:52

ExAdiNigel

BassGirl wrote:

i was meant to start my pink today but the driving school that had signed up said my car "might" be ready tomorrow and they havent got me any pupils at all.

:evil:

for when i finally do get started has anyone got any tips for me?

all help is much appreciated

Kath

Think about looking for a franchise that will work for you?  Doesn't sound as if the current one cares a jot!

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#6 20-09-05 21:24:26

BassGirl
Verified Member

well ive got my car now.
and first lesson is on saturday morning
ive just been round to see where it is, but i dont know where im gonna take her or whats shses done before or anythign so i cant really plan anything in particular. just have to go over everything before then  sad

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 20-09-05 21:29:47

Anonymous

BassGirl wrote:

well ive got my car now.
and first lesson is on saturday morning
ive just been round to see where it is, but i dont know where im gonna take her or whats shses done before or anythign so i cant really plan anything in particular. just have to go over everything before then  sad

Give her a ring and introduce yourself and then ask what her experience has been.

Do it sooner than later then you'll feel prepared and ahead of the game not trying to play catch up.  You'll feel a lot of pressure if you turn up for your first unprepared.

Best of luck,

Wessex

#8 20-09-05 21:38:51

Badger

Thats good advice

badger

#9 21-09-05 18:28:21

BassGirl
Verified Member

thanx i will do.
i totally dont know my way around that area, ive been around there today trying to get to know it a bit , but i think ill still get lost.

#10 21-09-05 18:42:26

bzcee

thats a good point.....what do you do if you are unfamiliar with the area and get lost. Pupil help you with directions? stop and ask someone?

Its a bit like getting in a plumber and telling him how to fix your leaky tap big_smile

cant remember who said it on here , sorry , Sparkle I think, ideal if you can work in your own local area then you are familiar with roads etc.

just out of interest how far do you all travel to do lessons , on average.

the people with franchise, do you turn much down if its too far out your way, how much control do you really have with your diary.

ermmms.jpg
Your information is visible to YOU only

fighting0092.gifstupid little winker

#11 21-09-05 19:11:31

Django

BassGirl wrote:

thanx i will do.
i totally dont know my way around that area, ive been around there today trying to get to know it a bit , but i think ill still get lost.

No probs here. I moved to a different part he country. I work in three towns and I learned them as I went. You will soon find your own areas for teaching various topics so don't fret too much.

To begin with explain that you don't know the area so they will have to help you. They love this as they then don't fill inferior. It's also a great icebreaker. They are paying you to teach them to drive not for a guided tour of their local streets.

Let us know how you get on. Remember to be straight with them from the start and you'll have no probs. wink

#12 21-09-05 21:12:09

BassGirl
Verified Member

its only 15 mins away its just i dont know any quiet roads or anything. I'm not sure yet this is the only lesson ive got booked so far.

i just tried to phone and got told it was the wrong number so i dont know if they wrote it down wrong at the office or something. grrr

Board footer