You are not logged in.

#1 16-09-05 16:24:41

vickyrhodes

CHECK TEST ROLE PLAY

I've received my check test invitation for next month. I'm going to ask for the SE to role play because I'm unlikely to have a pupil who'll be available. I'm going to organise some training between now & then but I wondered how different the check test role play is to pt 3. Is the SE likely to take on the role of a complete beginner or some one close to their test.  It'd be great to hear of people's experiences of check test role play.

Vicky smile

16-09-05 16:24:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: CHECK TEST ROLE PLAY

#2 19-09-05 14:11:36

Mark Goodman
Verified Member
Website

Hi Vicky

Just had my check test today, and opted for a role play. Subject I got was meet, cross, and anticipation.  The SE only received my details this morning (even though I sent the invitation reply slip back as soon as I got it !), so I had ten minutes to prepare the lesson / route etc. (No pressure there then !!)

Picking the SE's brains after the test, I think I'll definately use a pupil next time...if nothing else, I'll be able to have a proper lesson plan etc.

The best advice I can give is concentrate on the core comps, identify the faults, analyse them and fix them.

I had all my training aids ready (I produce a manual with handouts and 'homework' for the pupils), and though I pointed it out and tried to bring them into the 'lesson', they were definately not looked at properly). Record keeping was also not discussed. (I produced sample records for my role play pupil)

If you want to discuss the test, by all means send me a pm.

Good luvk for yous !

Mark

#3 19-09-05 21:11:06

Horizon
Verified Member

Hmmm............... a lighter touch on the keyboard needed there I think, Mark lol

Board footer