You are not logged in.

#1 04-03-04 16:41:57

lazygomez

Hi - I'm considering ADI training (Edited title - Jonks)

Hi

I'm fast approaching 40, have two very young kids and been unemployed nearly forever. I'm considering ADI training and would welcome any advice. I don't envisage working independently, at least not in the foreseeable future, but can I make a reasonable living with a major school? I'm also skint (predictably) so any ideas on funding would be welcome (I'm aware of CDL).

Oh, and Hello.

Andy

04-03-04 16:41:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hi - I'm considering ADI training (Edited title - Jonks)

#2 04-03-04 23:33:18

skier

Andy, With your background, I am quite sure that you are not cut out to be an ADI. Our job requires us to be hard working , dedicated, enthusiastic, enterprising, etc. No room in the ranks for you. Stick with your ''day job''.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 05-03-04 07:58:08

DAVE-ADI

Skier,

From the messages you have posted on this forum so far,  it would appear that you are intent on causing trouble.    You are going the right way to get yourself banned. 

Andy, please ignore his comments.   Read some of the other messages about becoming an ADI on the forum.  It isn't easy or cheap,  but if you are determined you can do it.

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.iseekhere.com/learn2drivefor … b7834cf8db

#4 05-03-04 08:28:07

Badger

Andy

This may just be the way to lift yourself up out of the rut.

I have been there

It is hard work and it does need dedication.

You can try the Local Job Centre for advice on possible funding for training and any schemes that might be available to help the long term unemployed get back on their feet.

Pass your part one on your own and get a bit of advice for part two find an independent school who takes on PDIs, get your licence and start working whilst training for part three.

But be warned  -  many people start off on this path thinking that teaching people to do anything is easy.  Its not and you do have to have an aptitude for it especially in the dangerous and mobile classroom that is the tuition vehicle.

In the meantime a good way of practising the driving craft at someone elses expense is to take a delivery job driving a van.

Good luck and heres hope eh?

Badger

Board footer