You are not logged in.

#1 14-06-04 13:05:22

Paul

help with part 3 PLEASE !!!!!!!!

Hi all
Now this may make me sound a bit thick !, but has anyone got any good tips for studying part 3, there`s so much i`ve got to get in to my head i don`t know what to start with first and then 2nd and so on !
Paul

14-06-04 13:05:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: help with part 3 PLEASE !!!!!!!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 14-06-04 18:13:57

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Hi Paul, You have asked the same question i once did  smile

As i was doing part 2 i made sure that i knew what was on every Pre-Set Test, PST1/2/3 etc.. For when i started part 3, It was not that easy but its a little like doing your theory test, You just have to put the time/work into it.

It was such a help for me once i knew what i was required to cover in each topic IE;

PST No 7 = Phase one Partly trained - Approaching junctions to turn either left or right

Briefing on approaching
Junctions
Mirrors
Signal
Brakes
Gear
Coasting
To fast on approach
To slow on approach
Position
Pedestrians
Cross approaching traffic
Right corner cut

If you learn what you need to mention (without looking for a better word) then you should find you wont miss anything out.

Regards

#3 14-06-04 18:30:53

Paul

Thanks for the tips, I`m begining to see you need a memory like an elephant !! What would you say is the hardest pre set test is to learn? I have got a good instructor now and it's on a one to one basis. I did move off and stopping the other day and I felt  I made a complete shambles of it - I couldn't get him to pull in and stop ...HA HA!!  I feel the teaching side of it is difficult as well, does it get any easier? Many thanks
PAUL

#4 14-06-04 19:03:55

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi

I found PST 10 to be the most difficult (Meet, cross etc followed by Progress etc)
No prizes for guessing what I got on the day - still I did pass thanks to many hours of study, practice and lessons with a good trainer.

I used sheets similar in content to what Approved Instructor posted. i.e all main points listed in bold with a few prompts below, one sheet for each PST.

Watched the  "Examiner's Challenge tapes ("Aeneas tapes" as they are so delightfully referred to here)  at 4 and 5 in the morning that many times that I could take you round Pontefract blindfold even though I have never set foot in the place and found them very helpful.

You do not need the memory of an elephant, just be prepared to spend a little time and get organised with some prompt sheets (preferably your own) to go with your diagrams
and you will be surprised how soon it all starts to fall into place.

An excellent book is "Lesson Plans and Diagrams" by Gavin Hunter.  This is a laminated lesson presenter with colour diagrams on the right hand page with lesson points and blank spaces on the left for your own reminders, this is what I based my prompt sheets on, using them with the diagrams in the book.  Some copies of this are available on www.amazon.co.uk   or through www.rcmmarketing.co.uk.

Good luck

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#5 14-06-04 20:27:11

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I got that same PST as you beonedge3, And also think its the hardest one !

#6 15-06-04 05:50:46

Paul

Thanks everyone, you`ve gave me what i was looking for, a starting block big_smile" BUT if you or anynoe else have more tips and ideas please lat me know." once again thanks.
Paul

#7 15-06-04 06:57:43

Badger

Do you have a copy of the DSA Guide for Driving Instructors ?

You will find most of what you need in there and its obtainable from stock in most large bookshops.

Badger

#8 15-06-04 07:41:20

Paul

No i have`nt Badger, i`ll have a look for that one. thanks

Board footer