You are not logged in.

#1 10-06-04 16:41:27

KARLF

How many ?

A question for instructors

What is the most number of attempts a pupil of yours has needed ?

10-06-04 16:41:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How many ?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 10-06-04 17:50:24

DrivingAmbition
Verified Member
Website

The most I have had so Far is 6 attempts to get a pupil through. It was a Spannish Lady with very little English.

Total Passes as at Thursday, 10 Jun 2004 : 648

1st time = 394 ---    2nd time = 167  --- 3rd time = 61 ---  4th time = 20  --- 5th time = 5  --- 6th time = 1

Why do you ask?   how many tests have you taken ?

Mark

www.drivingambition.info
Brackley, Northamptonshire.
off Road for under 17's
driving%20ambition%20logo.gif

menu_badges.gif

#3 10-06-04 20:09:13

Liesa

Hi KARLF

Like Mark the most tests I've had anyone take was 6. The lady in question just used to get extremely worked up prior to her test.

#4 10-06-04 20:20:24

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

After the 2nd fail i sat in on the test, It went to the forth time, Thats the most so far.

#5 11-06-04 05:11:10

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I had 1 girl who started with a 1 week course Sept 03!  she had been driving with her Mum for nearly 12 months and had 15 lessons with another instructor before me!  She was an excellent driver with me, but so nervous on test!  She has failed 5 times now, and her theory run out 3 days after that!  Cant seem to get hold of her to see what she is doing now!
I also have had a lad who took 4 tests to pass, and a few have taken 3!
But on average it seems to be 2!  i have only had about 7 pass 1st time, but i have only been going 12 months so still NEW at this!!

There is 1 examiner in Shrewsbury who i dont have a good record at all with!  16 test - 3 passes  (3 girls!!!??), 2 of them 1st time pass!

#6 11-06-04 07:09:39

Kev
Verified Member
Website

I had a girl that failed 6 tests last year.  She would fail a test then she would take a break,then have   3 or 4  lessons then take her test .
I tried to explain that she needs reguler lessons but she knew best,
I've not seen her since her 6th attempt last December,so I dont know if she has given up or found a new instructor. smile

Always look on the bright side of life.
Kev

#7 11-06-04 08:30:23

KARLF

DrivingAmbition  I passed after 7 lessons and no practice 23 years ago . I was just wondering

#8 12-06-04 10:31:36

kev146g
Website

i hate to admit this i had pupil take 12 tests  6 with me and 6 with somebody elsemaily nerves and making stupid mistakes. normally no more than 4 or 5 miners and 1 serious.

kev
w w w.drivingschool.me.uk

#9 12-06-04 21:49:22

bigred
Verified Member
Website

I must admit that over 13 years I've now had 6 pupils take 6 tests, but fortunately none have gone passed this mark (yet!)

I also think it's getting harder, nowadays examiners never seem to take into consideration the overall drive, I had a 50 year old, nervous lady take her test this week and was failed for straying back a bit too far on the bay park, dead centre but back wheels just over the line,  just a couple of minor faults for hesitancy and driving a little slow.

I'd been in hospital for 4 days before and bust a gut trying to get out to cover the test for this lady.  The examiner didn't even ask if she wanted me in for the debrief. Git!

Bad mood, bleep off, going to bed!

Board footer