You are not logged in.

#1 20-08-05 21:09:01

jeanie

1st Check test

Hi

Jus wonderin when you get u'r 1st check test thru, as not had 1 yet and starting to get abit worried. Qualified in Oct 04

20-08-05 21:09:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1st Check test

#2 20-08-05 21:12:31

sparkle

It'll come!!!

I waited 20 months for mine...

#3 20-08-05 21:18:46

Elite ADI
Verified Member
Website

Hi Jeanie

I qualified the same time as you oct last year, and have my first check test the end of this month. I got just over a months notice so at least you get a fair bit of time to organise which pupil to take, not sure if thats the norm though?

#4 21-08-05 01:46:27

jeanie

omg :shock:  really not looking 4ward 2 it, getting real scared :shock:  big_smile
but thanx at least  i know now it is pretty much hit and miss  roll

#5 21-08-05 21:07:31

pj
Verified Member

26 mths and still waiting

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 21-08-05 22:04:10

jgarbutt
Verified Member
Website

I qualified Apr 2004, and have just been notified about my check test next month - not sure if I'm dreading it or looking forward to getting it out of the way :!:

Jason Garbutt
DSA Approved Driving Instructor
GDlogom.gif
[color=blue]      Driving lessons throughout Sussex
Tel. 01403 251662 - www.GreatDriver.co.uk

#7 22-08-05 10:50:02

Orcharddrive
Verified Member
Website

I had mine within six moths of qualifying. I guess it just depends on area and SE availability.

Visit www.instructor.org.uk for free help and training guides on becoming a driving instructor.

#8 22-08-05 16:27:51

jeanie

ok.................. i get it know mention a check test and 1 gets booked.
omg 13th Sept.

couple of weeks away yet, but just wot the hell do i expect from a check test time to start cacking it now i suppose lol, any advice guys. 

Regards

#9 23-08-05 09:34:16

wanderlust
Verified Member
Website

Qualified December '02, first check test date July 13th 05...... cancelled.

Next check test date today (23/08/05) at 09.30 ...............cancelled at 08.55 today :shock:

Has anyone ever had any check test training off an ordit registered trainer and if so was it worth doing ?

da diddley qa qa da diddley qa qa

#10 23-08-05 12:09:49

markA.d.I

have a check test on the 1st sept, cacking it also!!!....will get back to you about training as i have 2 hours booked in tommorow to get myself prepared!. as we all know real life is not just running through pst, you have to do some things a little dif, hopefully i havent got to many bad habits!.  :?:

#11 23-08-05 13:00:04

Silvercar
Verified Member

Yeah during your check test remember no smacking the pupils on the back of the head saying "Hey stupid if I've told you once, I've told you million times don't do that AGAIN".  lol

The above info is free of charge from the goodness of my heart. Who knows one day I may even write a book.
THINGS WOT NOT TO DO ON YER CHECK TEST.

And remember all the bull you tell your pupils about overcoming pretest nerves. See if it works.  wink

--------------------

#12 23-08-05 13:05:25

markA.d.I

ha ha .............. is that not allowed ???,   roll

#13 23-08-05 15:58:18

jeanie

lol thanx lets see shall we, but keep the tips coming lol  wink

#14 27-08-05 23:08:42

bandb666
Verified Member

friend of mine has his first check test in Oct - he only qualified abut 4 mts ago & is paranoid D.S.A is on to him because he appealed to have his pink badge extended & most other instructors local to us have waited 2 yrs for first check test  lol

Myself, I qualified Sept 01 & had my first check test Mar 02 - 6 mts  :!:

just curious now as what grades peeps got & what subject they covered for first check test  :?:
I got a 5 & covered rev park which i was quite happy with  big_smile

32228867b788f001d0578227977f51516cfb185f8a8b5a90a373e985.jpg

#15 28-08-05 21:19:25

Hopton
Verified Member

HOW long is 'six MOTHS?'

Joking aside still waiting for my check test cant wait, to get it out the way.

Driving me Crazy, and thats just the wife !

#16 14-09-05 08:31:02

jeanie

well it's all over with now  :shock:  wot a relief  big_smile

i took a pup that i knew that i had to work real hard with, and we worked on roundabouts bless her, its true wot they all say u do forget the the guy is in the back once you crack on yikes .

but glad to say that it is all over with, must admit may not be as good as some of other adi's out there but i quite pleased with my grade, thought that i would get an E and expected another one in 6 months, but got a 4 not bad for the 1st check test, but loads of room to improve. mind u the se made me laugh and said that the pup has not got 1 natural driving bone in her bod lol (awww bless her).

So will start again and get my grades up for next time any tips!

Jeanie

#17 14-09-05 19:32:55

Joseph's Grandad

Well Done, Enjoy it and learn. Lot's of Grade 4 ADI's out there, some will improve to 5 and above, too many will settle for a 4, you will be amazed at the quality of teaching when you get pupils with plenty of hours under their belt and who  know absolutely nothing  about "Driving skills". 

Stay patient, reliable and you will progress.

Board footer