You are not logged in.

#1 12-09-05 20:03:11

oddies
Verified Member

Check Test Next Week

I have my first Check test Wed. 21st Sept, as regards the subject to teach, I have a pupil who is near test standard and I would like to teach a module from the PassPlus, ie rural and country road driving along with hazard perception.

Would this be acceptable for my check test? i don't wish to teach a manoevre, as my pupil can do all these well.

I have been an ADI since January 2005

Any advice please

Thanks Question Question Question Question

12-09-05 20:03:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Test Next Week

#2 12-09-05 20:20:57

DAVE-ADI

You cannot teach Pass plus to a learner.   Pass Plus is specifically for  qualified drivers.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 12-09-05 20:21:47

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Oddies,

I did just that on my last check test. Pupil was from liverpool, he'd been driving illegally for years in the city but had never driven down a country lane.

It worked pretty well. So yes it is acceptable. But what will you do when it comes to Pass Plus? Do that bit again? wink

Regards,

#4 12-09-05 21:04:42

oddies
Verified Member

DAVE-ADI

I am only teaching the idea in the module not the whole passplus syllabus.

#5 13-09-05 06:56:17

ck
Website

As far as I am aware you can teach what ever you like, it should be a normal lesson.If it's a valid lesson and learning takes place I don't see how anyone could object pupils need to to able to drive on all types of roads and round here some of the test routes include rural roads.
I may be wrong but I would assume ( I know I an ass) it's more about how you teach than what you teach.

#6 13-09-05 18:16:13

hodges21
Verified Member
Website

hi
had my first check test today - it went well,

my pupil was great, but i was a bit nervous - but it really wasnt bad at all when you got going with it - its just a normal lesson

i went with mirrors obs and roundabouts.

do make sure you go over every mistake (however small) your pupil makes though - the SE will have you for it!

and if your pupil keeps making the same error - mention it every time, not just once and then let it go.

you just have to keep on top of everything.

i know you say your pupil is near test standard, but there must be things on a normal lesson that your pupil does wrong.

you could tell the SE that your pupil will be taking a test shortly, and that you will be going over all the exercises, and what ever faults your pupil makes (NO MATTER HOW SMALL) just pull your pupil up on it.

Board footer