You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 12-09-05 01:58:20

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Check tests - what do they look at?

I've been watching posts re check tests for some time now and they have always intrigued me.

We don't have them in the Northern Territory, when we were allowed to assess for Provisonal licences on the log book system, auditors occasionally (without prior notice) sat in on assessment sessions to check the ADI's paperwork etc and that they assessed to the coreect standards and procedures. They rarely attended pure-teaching sessions, they only did this with problem ADI's - who were over 70% of total ADIs - and then not very often and only the chief auditors did it. Most auditors didn't have any teaching experience or quals - at all! Some couldn't even drive properly themselves*.

After the log book assessing system collapsed (log book pupils now get tested  at a TC) the auditing stopped too.

Our auditors only looked at what we taught (eg correct driving techniques) but not the way we taught it. How does your system in the UK work?

*Nothing unusual for a pupil to point out a wrongly parked car (dangerous location or badly parked) and I would have to tell them it is the auditor's car!  My colleague Connie and myself have both, after a session with an auditor, witnessed the auditor drive off without signalling correctly or doing a dangerous or illegal U-Turn. No kidding!

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

12-09-05 01:58:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check tests - what do they look at?

#2 12-09-05 07:45:25

TDC
Verified Member

Re: Check tests - what do they look at?

basically zipper the adi is supposed to give a natural lesson to a genuine pupil and the supervising examnier sits in the back and watches the adi and then advises on any shortfalls, maybe prasies good stuff too and gives marks 4 5 or 6   with 6 tops or tells you its not good enough and you have to do another if lucky.

Im so good its unbelievable

Board footer