You are not logged in.

#1 08-09-05 18:10:48

kerrynufc

if i fail again b 4 leaving test centre

i failed on bay park then drove perfect 7 minors can i say i dont want to complete test as i felt it was just making a fool out of me making me carry on when he knew i had failed i could not sleep for a week about it

08-09-05 18:10:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: if i fail again b 4 leaving test centre

#2 08-09-05 22:18:50

pauline

hi this happened to me too at the begining i terminated the test,
asked if i was sure and i said yes didnt see the point in carrying on known i had failed ...................was a wreck had chief examiner in back..........

#3 08-09-05 22:20:18

pauline

hi this happened to me too at the begining i terminated the test,
asked if i was sure and i said yes didnt see the point in carrying on known i had failed ...................was a wreck had chief examiner in back..........

#4 09-09-05 08:02:48

luchell

the only thing is you cant be 100 percent sure the examiner thought the same of your bay park as you! you cant see the sheet. have faith and i know its extremely hard when you might have lost it at the first hurdle. youve paid for his time you make him sit there and give you his opinion on your drive at the end. you never know you might be pleasently surprised.

1 of my poor pupils(i was in the back) was on her third test, went the wrong way three times nearly got hit by a silly woman reverse parking a milimetre from my car and it went from bad to worse.HOWEVER after a bay park that only just went within the lines he got out and checked. she passed with 14 minors and said "how??!!"

even though you think hope has gone it may not have. never assume. she hadnt caused any other road user to be effected by any of her actions and really was convinced shed failed after him telling her off for not listening properly to directions :cry:  she naturally thought that was it and though oh well.

im trying to say dont give up no matter how badly you think you did. for instance something really bad happenes on the drive involving another road user. how do you know the examiners marked it donw? it may be the other road user at fault. try to assume nothing. make them earn their money for 40 minutes then they can tell you how you did at the end.

keep faith in yourself lol maybe just maybe if you did do what you thought was a stinking rotten bay park and carried on youd have the attitude of oh well failed anyway youd relax slightly thinking you knew the outcome only to find out youd done it. its happened to alot of people and quite a few that have gone to test of mine.

#5 09-09-05 09:50:09

sunshine_gurly

im with luchell, i thought on my test i had failed because he marked the sheet and i looked at my speed and i was a little over 30 so i thought oh fgs! and relaxed cuz i knew i had failed, but got into the test centre and was told its third time lucky for you today!

so if anything, just try to relax and you can never tell what the examiner is marking!

#6 09-09-05 09:56:57

kermey

i would cotinue even if i knew id failed. its more driving experience, plus you can see what else you need to improve on.

#7 09-09-05 13:21:19

luchell

do you really want to pay these people so much money and not get a chance to at least show em what you can really do wink

i did a mock today. the lad i mocked said after i know i failed it!! i really had to emphasize he hasnt got a clue what myself or the examiner are actually marking. its a secret! you wont know until the end. keep going, do the best you can and never mind what you think youd have failed yourself on, how do you know they failed you on it!!

i had to go 8 mph over the spped limit on my test to avoid a bus hitting me!!. i thought thankyou very much, ive got this far and then you do that! :shock:  spent 15 minutes on the way back trying not to think about it (thoughts kept creeping in) i did just enough. funny thing was he hadnt marked the bus incident at all. all he said was "yes the bus driver was rather silly wasnt he!!" theres me thinking id failed and i managed to get 2 driver faults whilst trying not to think about it!

its easier said than done but you cant turn back the clock and do it better learn from whatever you did wrong dont do it again and hold your head up high. at the end dont expect anything. just listen. take it as experience. if its a pass fantastic. if not head up off you go again. you'll always get to the result you want if you dont give up and keep trying.

good luck guys. you can do this.

#8 09-09-05 19:51:46

kermey

I was convinced that id failed my theory test when i got zeroed (is that right?) on two clips. As it stood, i passed with a score of 45, passing by a couple of marks. I could have given up. Glad I still put all my effort into the rest of the test...

#9 09-09-05 22:24:07

ck
Website

There are several things to consider here most of which have been mentioned already and you will never go far wrong if you take heed of luchell, but remember most good instructors willteach to a higher standard than the test, we teach " best practice" which means while we will pick you up on certain things they are not marked as faults on the driving test. for instance did you know that crossing your hand on when steering is not marked as a fault however I teach my students the best way ie push pull.
I had a pupil take his test the other day and told him about this best ptactice thing to give him more confidence after the test he said he thought he'd made about 20 faults   he actualy got 2. So my point is if he had given up he'd have done himself out of a pass.
The other thing to consider is even if you did fail on the bay park as luchell said you have paid for this time and it can be usefull for both you and your instructor to get another imaprtial opinion of your driving, there may be other things that come to light which for one reason or another
may not have been apparent.
Anyway better luck next time

ck

Board footer