You are not logged in.

#1 05-09-05 12:35:26

LeanneADI
Verified Member

Tax return

Just had a letter today about filing by tax return.  It might as well have been written in japanese.

Any advice please?  I was told originally i wouldnt have to worry about it this year as I only became self employed end of may.

Leanne

05-09-05 12:35:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Tax return

#2 05-09-05 13:37:57

keeley

i also started in May and have been told by an accountant that i don't have to do a tax return this year. I think you need to speak to your accountant if you have one or give the Inland revenue a ring.

#3 05-09-05 15:29:02

luchell

i was told i would have to get an accountant to get ready to do one for new yearish time. i started in may on a pink but still counts as obviously self employed. who knows? must get on to accountant somewhere....

#4 05-09-05 21:49:04

Rob
Verified Member
Website

the tax returns being filled in at the moment is for April 2004 - April 2005 tax year. If you started in may then you have no figures to fill in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 05-09-05 22:28:55

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

I did mine on-line this year it was dead easy and you get an instant figure.

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#6 05-09-05 22:34:01

la.monikita
Verified Member

the deadline is sometime in jan, can you do the on line return on the31st of December? i've already done mine(accountant) but need to do one for hubby (bathroom fitter)

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 05-09-05 23:14:17

paul1

marconi1 wrote:

I did mine on-line this year it was dead easy and you get an instant figure.

I've been doing mine online for the last 3 years - piece of cake.  lol

#8 06-09-05 10:30:10

New Girl
Verified Member

I took part in a "Becoming self employed" workshop at the tax office.  We were also told that doing your return on-line is the most efficient way.  However, if this sort of thing is not your forte, you can actually book a one-to-one appointment with her and she will go through the whole thing with you.

I assume this is something that would be available at all tax offices?

Board footer