You are not logged in.

#1 02-09-05 16:36:34

vespa lady

How long do i study for?

I have recentley purchased tons of books,to start studying for my part one. roughley how long do i study theses books for . AM i being realisic  to study for 6mts & could any one advise me what DVD or CD ROM to get to help on my part one. Regards  VESPA LADY

02-09-05 16:36:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How long do i study for?

#2 02-09-05 18:24:01

luchell

you need about a month, thats what it took me and i really dived into the books with pleasure for part one. know your subject inside out. once youve been studying for a while you will know when youre coming up to being ready for the test  book up your part one.

it took me 6 weeks in total from starting to study to taking and passing.

took me 3 months to do part two and take the test, in that time i had only 7.5 hours training. it takes a while for some trainers to fit you in and you need to practise in between.

part three has taken me three months from start to finish.

hope this helps a little bit. this was with a lot of hard work and i was working along side. i gave up my job (back injury) to work on a pink(after id passed part two and had the compulsory 40 hrs training to go on a pink) for three months before passing.

although i wouldnt recommend jacking in your job to work full time on a pink, as theres no gauranteed job at the end of it.

i used the focus cd roms i bought from my local spar! they worked for me. get a copy from the dsa of the official question and answer bank so that once youve studied for a while you can have a go at the questions. (approx nearly 1000) this helps to know how youre progressing.

once you feel confident you know your stuff off you go lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 02-09-05 19:07:57

Derick

I went for a chat about  becoming a Driving Instructor In December 2003. I was told It would take SIX months to qualify  :shock:
I took part's One  & Two Twice  In 2004 , Started Part 3 In October 2004,nearly didn't finish that as Training Firm  went T*ts up  :x  So hopefully I can complete It within 18 months. If you have managed to qualify in less time well done wink

#4 02-09-05 19:24:22

luchell

i was told it would be four months before i would be able to be working. it wasnt mentioned that i wouldnt be fully qualified at that time. yesi feel doing it 8 months is possible by all means, depends on time between training sessions your private study and practise and effort you put in and time taken to get and book tests assuming all parts are passed first time its possible.

its seems to take most people slightly longer though.

#5 02-09-05 19:29:22

sparkle

My mate done it in 6 months :shock:  i took 7.

I wasnt working when training..so that DID help..its very possible..also passing all parts 1st time helps too lol

#6 02-09-05 19:40:42

firehydrant

And the risk of rushing it is that it ends up taking longer in the end than it would have done if you'd have been more realistic for yourself while you were doing it. You may even run out of 'tries' if you rush it too much (the whole course, that is, not just one part).

That's important: you'll know when you are ready, so be careful not to try and rush it based on people who did it in a shorter time. You aren't them, and you don't know if they could put more time into it than you could, or what they knew beforehand smile

For Part 1, make sure you have the question bank and when you can answer enough of them to pass, that's when you are ready. And make sure you understand the answers if you want to be successful in Parts 2 and 3 smile

#7 02-09-05 21:01:54

Ozzie

I worked full time whilst doing my ADI training but managed to do it all in 12 months with BSM, and didn't go on a trainee licence.

The Part 1, we did 6 x 2 hour sessions at evening classes and studying in between, however I did manage 99%, but that was before the HPT.

Part 2 was another 6 x 2 hour sessions, passed that first time.

Part 3 was 42 hours, passed that first time too.

Can't recommend the company, but an excellent trainer!

Oz

#8 04-09-05 20:35:00

ck
Website

You also need to find out what waiting times are like for the tests I understand it can be upto 3 months

Board footer