You are not logged in.

#1 02-09-05 18:00:41

kerrynufc

failed my test cos of bay park

:cry: please help i failed my test today only got 6 minors but put wheel on white line of bay and thay class this as serious fault i am worried for next test now as i know i can drive but bays dont always go in straight away how do i correct them

02-09-05 18:00:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: failed my test cos of bay park

#2 02-09-05 18:37:03

luchell

did you end up parked over the white line itself when you had finished? our test centre have so far been ok as long as the pupil has only just gone over and ended up in the bay at the end of the manouvre and no problems experienced with the test.

they all went over the line nearest the drivers side so im sure the examiner couldnt tell really. did you go over it on his side?

you will be fine on your next test. what a result. 6 minors. well done. you can walk that next test having done so well anyway lol  lol

when are you booking your next test for?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 02-09-05 18:37:47

Graham10

you are allowed to have a wheel on the line, as long as its not over, have a look at http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Form.asp?id=SX1149-A77FEAE8

Graham

#4 02-09-05 18:40:12

luchell

agree graham forgot to mention that lol  on but not over. so you can still see some white line ive been told by one of our examiners.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 02-09-05 18:48:16

kerrynufc

luchell wrote:

did you end up parked over the white line itself when you had finished? our test centre have so far been ok as long as the pupil has only just gone over and ended up in the bay at the end of the manouvre and no problems experienced with the test.

they all went over the line nearest the drivers side so im sure the examiner couldnt tell really. did you go over it on his side?

you will be fine on your next test. what a result. 6 minors. well done. you can walk that next test having done so well anyway lol  lol

when are you booking your next test for?

two weeks wheels were on lines he got out of car to have a look any tips

#6 02-09-05 18:56:29

luchell

yep, firstly how do you bay park? do you gauge when to turn by points etc? i use judgement with my pupils and get them making good observations including glances in the mirrors which i have small blindspots mirrors either side so they can see the white lines.

they glance between the rear window and the mirrors and infront. that way they are virtually always aware of their position and the lines.

that way you can see if youre going to be on a line or go over them. if you know you are about to do this pull forward enough to sort it out then good observations and back again. (putting handbrake on in between changing into forward and reverse gears)

take it slowly when youre bay parking,zimmer frame pace like the other manouvres so you have plenty of time to sort out your steering should you need to and to do your good all around observations.

what are you normally like at bay parks? maybe your instructor could take you to practise in the actual test centre bays in between people going out on test. we're allowed to here.

get your instructor to specifically allow you to practise your bay parking somewhere.

#7 02-09-05 19:16:00

jimbo

Totally agree with luchell's post - remember you can drive over the lines, you can re-position at any time - you dont have to be straight (just IN the bay).  ....and at the end of the test you can just turn opposite the bay and back straight in (depending on the configuration of the test centre)...good luck next time  lol

Board footer