You are not logged in.

#1 31-08-05 14:16:49

vespa lady

self employed

I have wanted to become a driving instructor;for some time now;change of career etc. But i am self employed, and wouldnt be able to train around my prescent job.Therefore i would have to put enough money aside and need advice too-How quickly could train, what do full time courses entail, as been told it could take up to one year to become a driving instructor? also does anyone know a good training course in the west midlands.Thanks VESPA LADY

31-08-05 14:16:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: self employed

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 31-08-05 16:33:05

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Vespa Lady,

A big welcome to the forum!

The career is great fun and gives me a many of the other punters on here real job satisfaction.

The training does take about a year, it can be done a bit quicker but you have to be committed and focussed.

Try speaking to Steve Howell of Lion driver training http://www.liondrivertraining.com I am biased because he's a friend of mine but I can give you the name of another trainee that I sent his way, who seems very happy. There are several other companies and individuals working in the area. Please feel free to ask if we have any experience knowledge of them.

Regards,

#3 31-08-05 21:10:20

vespa lady

HI BIGRED,thanks for your quick reply to my earlier question, As find the whole instructor training mind blowing at times and ome places only seem interested in taking your money. Only found this web site by chance and already finding it very helpful and interesting.As my pals think im mad to want to become a driving instructor and give up awell paid job,that they seem to think is exciting.But having to work away all the time and live out of a suitcase.I need the courage to become a driving instrutor.                 VESPA LADY

#4 31-08-05 21:21:45

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hiya,

So what is this well paid job that you're thinking of giving up?

I'm sure I could earn more in other professions but this suits me down to the ground.

Regards,

#5 31-08-05 22:25:44

vespa lady

im a maternity nurse - Nanny to the mega rich and famous and live in their homes etc and travell the world with them,and teach them how to look after their baby etc,buts its 6 days a week on call 24 hr day. Its not what most people think,generally u end up a dogs body to them. I enjoy meeting people etc and im use to teaching ,and love driving and ive been self employed for years. Thats why it is to diffucult to train round my job etc.Money isnt  everything to me,and perhaps i wont earn as much if i become a driving instructor,but i know ill be a damn sight happier.            Regards. VESPA LADY

Board footer