You are not logged in.

#1 30-05-04 16:54:28

jeanie

HELP

:?
is there anyone who could help and advise. I am studing for my part 3, and going to do my in-car training next week (hooray) really can' t wait....... but i am currently studying the lesson plans and only have 2 more to do. But yes wait for it, i have got brain block on meeting oncoming traffic, and i really cant seem to put it down on to paper (laptop).

Can anyone please advise on the best way round this ( i am starting to panic).

I would really appreciate ALL opinions and advise of ways around the Brain Block.

Thanx

30-05-04 16:54:28

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: HELP

#2 30-05-04 19:57:51

Badger

Jeanie - Why jump the gun?

Why not just wait and see what your trainers have in store for you  -  after all thats what you are paying them for.

You say you are studying the lesson plans - are you actually preparing them from scratch or using ready prepared ones?

Meeting traffic, part of Exercise No 11, occurs in PSTs 2 and 8 as fotr a Trained pupil and in PST 10 as for a Partly Trained pupil.  In all cases it is a Phase ll subject.

These are the main points that must be covered:

1. Objectives

2. Briefing.   As follows:

* What is a meeting situation
* MSM Routine
* How wide is the road? How many vehicles abreast including parked ones
* Safe speeds and adequate clearance when meeting traffic from the opposite direction
* Giving way to oncoming vehicles to go ahead and when turning right
* Overtaking parked and moving vehicles allowing safe clearances
* Safe following distances for traffic/cyclists
* Aids to vision ie reflections in windows, sides of clean parked vehicles etc
* dealing with flashing headlamps
* Anticipation of actions of pedestrians, cyclists and drivers

3. Practice

4,. Debrief

Maybe that helps.

Badger

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 30-05-04 20:53:19

adi
Verified Member
Website

Hi, i agree with Badger, you need to wait until you are out in the car and things will fall more into place. I remember when i was training and i must have changed my lesson plans so many times. When your trainer puts you through some exercises where you have to teach him/her the subject some of the points to cover can become quite obvious which can take some of the panic away in feeling that you have to try and remember so much.
best of luck. smile

#4 30-05-04 21:06:37

jeanie

thanx guys, advice gr8. i know i should chill but i guess i just want to do things perfect and get it right, and getting just abit excited too..... but thanx again.  jeanie

Board footer