You are not logged in.

#1 29-05-04 08:51:04

Johnny

Vehicle insurance for your own car.

Hi guys,

Does anyone  know whether a qualified ADI can expect reduced insurance for their own vehicle. Although the majority of the time I will be using the school car for both work and personal use, in order to advertise and promote myself.  I do intend to keep my own car (larger vehicle) to be used when needed. As a qualified instructor and therefore recognised as having a greater knowledge and awareness of driving practices surely it would suggest that my personal premium should relate and therefore be reduced  :?: 

Is this just wishful thinking on my part as the dreaded renewal date approaches?

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

29-05-04 08:51:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Vehicle insurance for your own car.

#2 29-05-04 11:54:53

Midge
Website

If you are insuring both cars yourself,  you will probably find you pay more, not less, as you cannot have the no clains bonus on two different cars unless you have earned it twice.  I suppose not all insurance companies keep to this rule, but all the ones I tried did.
Midge

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 29-05-04 12:54:13

adi
Verified Member
Website

Hi,
I have other insurance on a second vehicle for private use and the insurance company weren't really interested in the fact that i was an ADI.  sad

#4 30-05-04 05:34:56

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I too found that the insurance on my family car didnt change much to what it was prior to me becoming ADI, but i did move it to Mid Cornwall Brokers, who i have my learner car with and they gave me a bit of discount for having to policies with them..

Thats sometimes worth a try!

Board footer