You are not logged in.

#1 19-08-05 12:46:31

cat
Verified Member

training adi

hi i'm cath

started training for my adi in september last year passed my part 1 2/3/05 and part 2 13/07/05 starting training for part 3 on 8/9/05.  have been practicing my commentary driving can anyone give me any good advice on this

Black Cat Driving School

catherine685@btinternet.com

19-08-05 12:46:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: training adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 19-08-05 13:10:36

Midge
Website

cath martin wrote:

hi i'm cath

started training for my adi in september last year passed my part 1 2/3/05 and part 2 13/07/05 starting training for part 3 on 8/9/05.  have been practicing my commentary driving can anyone give me any good advice on this

I can't really see what commentary driving has to do with part three.  Could you explain a little more?

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#3 19-08-05 20:32:25

cat
Verified Member

part 3 is about lesson plans and having the correct wording for the instructions that you are giving your learner or the examiner as it will be in part 3. so does this not have alot to do with commentary driving as you would not want to say to you learner hold feet, as they might hold their feet instead you would say feet still, as when you are teaching them to move off and getting the clutch to biting point or have i got it all wrong

Black Cat Driving School

#4 19-08-05 22:15:27

Midge
Website

I think I see  what you mean,  I don't think it is usually called commentary driving though. That is usually what you have to do for some advanced driving tests.  You mean giving the correct instruction to pupils, so that it is clear and cannot be misinterpreted.  Always when giving a direction it must be where first and what second,  such as "at the roundabout turn left"   not  "turn left at the roundabout",   never say "right"  meaning that is correct.   
Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#5 19-08-05 22:20:42

luchell

commentary driving is usally refering to alert inform instruct or whatever your training school teaches you. this is forward planning. looking ahead down the road and talking to yourself about what you see, how it might affect you and what you are going to do about it. you will use similar with your pupils.

its also used to give direction, " at the end of the road id like you to turn right" that uses alert inform instruct as well.

you are referring to talking yourself through something to become more "conscious competent" as it were. you cant teach something unless you know how you do it yourself. so turn in the road, youll talk yourself through exactly what youre doing so you are made aware of how its done. this is how you will teach things.

part three has very little to do with lesson plans and briefings, these help towards structuring the lesson so they are important but not the be all and end all. i didnt actually read from mine, i used the diagrams. but is everything to do with the core competencies of fault identification, fault analysis and remedial action.

has your trainer gone through this stuff? without the above you cannot pass part three as you need to beable to spot the faults, say what they are and why they happened and how to put it right(how you would do something asa driver.

you know something is a fault as such as its something your part two training and knowledge from part one contradicts with. e.g hes drives too far towards the centre of the road for his normal driving position. you know that isnt how youd do it so you tell him. you then need to find out why hes doing it, is he unable to judge distance properly, does he know where he should be driving, is he looking overt o the right instead of ahead far down the road etc. you then after working out why hes doing it provide the appropriate problem solver to get him doing it your way.

so if he doesnt know where he should drive simple tel him a metre from the kerb and take it from there.

theres a bit more to part three than this but im just trying to put it into the correct context for you. hope this helps a bit.

there are people on here who can go into much more detail and explain more clearly than i have. ive only just passed it as you know. but i know what they wanted from me.

have you done any part three training yet? good luck with your studies

during our part two training bsm got us doing lots of commentary driving so we could get used to it, getting the important bits out not the waffle to help once with pupils so you can get on with the task at hand. i did it for advanced driving but they did not want the same thing. the wanted brief things such as........ theres a pedestrian crossing ahead, there are people nearby. it might cause me to slow doewn and stop so im checking my mirrors and easing off the gas. thats all that would be said.

when going through moving off yourself this is not commentary driving just you becoming more familiar with how you use the controls precisely. bet your parents couldnt tell you exactly how to move off! (without missing big things out such as feet still lol ) is this what you mean? i found it helpful to do. did a little bit of it before part two.

#6 21-08-05 16:31:44

cat
Verified Member

thanks for the information i was getting confused as when i phoned the centre at bolton i was told that my commentary must be up to scratch before i can start my part 3 training.  i'm ok with this quiet at ease with what i am ment to say.  all the information helped me and put it into prospective for me thank you cath  big_smile

Black Cat Driving School

#7 21-08-05 16:35:29

cat
Verified Member

luchell you say you did your training with bsm.  i'm with them for my training how did you rate the course as a whole.  i am pleased with training they have provided although i think it could of gone a little faster as i have been training since last september. how long did it take you to pass from start to finish? and well done on passing your part 3 has it sunk in yet or are you still on cloud nine/ten

Black Cat Driving School

#8 21-08-05 16:43:28

luchell

started on dec 3, all three parts first time, passed august 18 sop not very long really. course was ok but i put in one hell of alot of extra work. subject cover is ok, trainers are good but the structure is lacking. get some extra advice if you can from someone like dash driving to make sure youre up to scratch even if its just phone advice.

part three i put an awful lot of work in on my pink and whilst at home. do that and youll be fine. what stage are you at?only because i did my part three course before i passed part two. have you got part two now? are you wanting to go on a pink?

dont worry about the commentary too much they say it but dont really follow it up. make sure you can do the basics of it though.  lol

#9 21-08-05 16:55:14

cat
Verified Member

thanks for the reply i passed my part 2 on the 13 july i did not do my part 3 training while i was waiting for my test as i did not want to waste the money if i didn;t pass. not got my pink liciense yet as i have to do the training for my part 3 first as you will know.  have this dash driving got a web site that you can go on to and get information to check that i am up to speed.

Black Cat Driving School

#10 28-08-05 01:03:36

-=IceMan=-
Website

Hi Cath,

Indeed dash do have a website... http://www.dashdriving.com/

Sharon and Dave Hartley can be contacted from there, and they loiter on these here forums as well from time to time smile

Ice

event.png
Time is all relative. Grab a hot pan and an instant feels like an hour. Grab a hot woman and an hour feels like an instant.

#11 28-08-05 13:41:38

cat
Verified Member

thanks iceman for the info i have been on the website and got some info from them cath

Black Cat Driving School

#12 05-09-05 22:57:19

cat
Verified Member

what do you lot thing about franchise i know that you have to get a client base up first before thinking of going independant but which is the better option after this???   any advice would be welcome

Black Cat Driving School

#13 06-09-05 09:05:25

luchell

thats what im doing. getting a client base before i go it alone.  lol  i may go associate franchise which is alot cheaper but i supply pupils so i can see how im doing.

Board footer