You are not logged in.

#1 19-05-04 13:12:15

Gizmotime
Administrator

SPEED AWARENESS PROGRAMME PLEASE WATCH

Hello

I don't know if any of you are aware of this,

You may be interested to know that there will be a feature on the Lancashire Speed Awareness course on BBC Breakfast time between 6am and 9am this Thursday morning, 20th May 2004.

I know a lot of people are not sure as to how this works,I thought it may be a good idea if we watched it.

I have also posted this message in the Advanced driving posting.

Regards Giz wink

19-05-04 13:12:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: SPEED AWARENESS PROGRAMME PLEASE WATCH

#2 20-05-04 23:00:42

Matt

I saw a bit of that this morning (the joy of not needing to be at work till 9:30!!), didn't find it of much interest. All I saw was that bloke from top gear arguing with some speed camera loving woman and eventually agreeing and disagreeing with each other.  :?

Matt

#3 21-05-04 00:10:42

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hi well I was hoping to do a good reply to the topic but what a let down.  roll

All we got was 5 mins of hearing about this Rob Billingham who got caught speeding 3 times in 4 days.
He got taken out by someone off the course,and to be honest if I had anything to do with it I would have made him take his test again.
Observation skill Nill handling of his car Rubbish, Highway code Rubbish.

Plus he openly admitted that the only reason he had gone on the course was so he didn't get any points on his licence. :evil:

I darn't go on I was disgusted.

Giz

#4 21-05-04 06:52:21

Liesa

Hi Giz

Thanks for doing the review for us.

I think you'll find that almost everyone, who goes on these courses does so for the same reason! :cry:

#5 21-05-04 07:03:06

Badger

What happens if an offender fails the course ?

Badger

#6 21-05-04 12:07:17

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hiya Badger
From my understanding of it,They CAN'T fail the course.

I'm going to have a word with our Police Driving Instructor on Sunday morning to clarify a couple of points with him,I will keep you informed.

Regards Giz

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 28-05-04 12:36:54

DSE
Verified Member
Website

I have just had the privilege of a road safety officer attending one of our fleet trainer diploma courses.  He conducts these courses in his area and was telling me that he has the option of 'failing' someone at the end of the course and this will result in the penalty points and fine being reinstated.

In his particular area, speed awareness courses are offerred to anyone stopped travelling at a speed of up to 10% plus 3mph over the limit. ie. 36 in a 30, 47 in a 40 etc.

www.d-s-e.co.uk

Driving Standards Agency
Accredited Course provider for
Register of Fleet Driver Trainers

ADI Training & Development
by highly qualified grade 6 ADIs.
See website or email for details of our services.

Board footer