You are not logged in.

#1 24-08-05 10:04:04

pauline

not again

well failed because of road marking on the new roundabout
two markings on road both say a14 east and because i went in the second one got 1s said i should of stayed were i was...............reckons made two cars slow down.
well had enough now im not going through that again
he did say i was a good driver and that he hopes i get him next time............and i just need to settle my nerves down.
well thats it im still crying.....................if theres two lanes saying same thing what the hell does it matter
well its a farce......................it has lights ,road marks and its huge new one......................even normal drivers are having probs and its been complained about in the paper.
maybe the highway could explain to me why they have the two lanes with a14 east marked on the road but my examiner says i should of stayed were i was and followed in the first one..................good luck to everyone else its tough out there for learners i cant go through it again..............
my car is going too im selling it.....................  :cry:

24-08-05 10:04:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: not again

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 24-08-05 10:28:43

Midge
Website

If there are two lanes marked for the same direction,  you should usually choose the one on the left,  unless you have a good reason for using the second one.  A couple of reasons I can think of at the moment are:- you want to overtake a slower vehicle,  or you wish to turn right just after the junction you are dealing with, there are probably more but  otherwise, stay in the left.   Your instructor should have taught you this.
If this was the only problem,  don't give up,  it has probably cost you a lot in time and money,  don't waste it.  Take a mock test with another instructor, DO  try again,  you were so close.

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#3 24-08-05 11:21:20

sammie

Please dont give up, keep going you will pass, i can remember coming home 2nd time and crying allday, saying like you i wanted to give up but i didnt and have passed now, as hard as it might be dont give, you can drive and you will,  <<HUGGS>>

Idid it smile if i can anyone can

#4 24-08-05 11:23:26

luchell

i have had a pupil fail for going into a right hand lane to go straight on when she should have gone in the left hand lane for the reasons stated above. she got a serious for not changing back to the left one once the hazard had been negotiated.

it was a rounadbout, she selected the right lane when the left would have taken her into the left hand lane of a dual carriageway. she should have followed the lane on the roundabout once she got in the wrong one, then move to the left once coming off the roundabout in a proper lane change.(sounds complicated i know brain not doing well today)

dont you dare give up. she passed on her second test and was so so upset when she failed for the first.i helped her to dust off and get back to it. i would never have let her give up and it was only two weeks until she finally passed. i knew she was a fab little driver, just not on top form because of her nerves.

think of it like this. you dont lose anything by taking the driving test. its just 40 minutes of someone different looking at your driving, the only difference between him and your instructor is that he will tell you how you did after 40 minutes not right away.

youve gained experience driving on your own with is invaluable and you know what to expect with regards to the test itself.

nothing to lose by trying again and agin and again if you have to, only something to eventually gain. the reward for all your hard work and determination. its not about how long or how many tests you take to get your licence, its purely the end result that matters.

have you tried rescue remedy?

you are obviously a good driver. your result says so, you will not make the same mistake on your next test as you know where you went wrong and what you should have done.

perhaps your instructor could take you to where this awkward place is thats causing the problems so you feel more confident if you get it again.

its not nice to fail, but youve come so far. get another tesxt booked, keep a positive frame of mind that you are perfectly capable of passing, you know that deep inside.

please dont give up, or else in 2 yrs time you will regret it when youre more than likely just a couple of weeks from achieving your dream.

#5 24-08-05 11:24:44

luchell

are you enjoying yourself more when driving now lorraine? it seems as though you've really gained in confidence.  lol

#6 24-08-05 12:32:32

Badger

Sorry to hear about your problem today Willpass.

Please dont give up and DONT sell the car.

Remember this "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"

Just think of the benefits fo being able to go where you want when you want to!

You will get it - you are so nearly there.

Badger

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 24-08-05 14:36:33

sammie

luchell wrote:

are you enjoying yourself more when driving now lorraine? it seems as though you've really gained in confidence.  lol

big_smile  oh yes thankyou big_smile , i even do the right turns on a busy round now big_smile  and thats a big achivement you would laugh at me i use to me go all round the houses just to get to were i want without doing those turns  roll  lol and the best thing is i'm moving to a little village, would never have been able to do that with out driving

So dont give up no matter how bad you feel, Willpass you will pass

Idid it smile if i can anyone can

#8 24-08-05 20:00:31

pauline

hi all feeling bit calmer
may still change cars as failed 3 times in it now making me feel jinxed
well thanks for all the support i guess if it werent for these forums i would give up but as everyone says keep going and will get there in the end............
feel such a failure i have took 3 that i was not ready to take with different instructor 1 i terminated thats 4
then 4 with todays thats 8 and i feel dragged into the ground
my nerves were terrible today i dont know why i was so confident the last two maybe hormones......................no sleep.
did it in own car as well again.
i really could curl up right now
i have booked a theory as have to resit it
wasted first year of it through personal and health problems
at least i will have 2 years all being well to pass after this one...............
well thanks again
i will keep coming ot the forums for support and check what everyones been up to...............

#9 25-08-05 08:05:59

Shrek
Verified Member

Hi there Pauline,
sorry to hear about the test yesterday but good to see you'd perked up a bit by last night!
Don't give it up, you've come too far to chuck it now... after all this, when you pass it next time you'll laugh yourself silly thinking back about it all!... trust me!  wink
I'm sure you'll feel a bit better again this morning after sleeping on it.
Let us know how your getting on with the theory test and as always, any problems post them here and we'll be glad to help!
Keep at it and best of luck.
Cheers,
Shrek.

Carry on Donkey -  you're going the right way for a smacked bottom!

#10 25-08-05 09:12:30

Django

Well done on the about turn. I know it is hard to except that you didn't pass. You are not the first and certainly not the last to feel that you have been 'cheated' out of your full licence. Shame about the theory but I'm sure that is just a formallity. There is no reason why you shouldn't keep up with your driving while awaiting the theory pass. Then you will able to book your driving test pronto wink 

Any idea on test waiting time in your area? Use the time you have of driving round understanding what lane to be in where. Your driving otherwise seems fine so get to grips with this aspect.

As others have said don't give up. You have put too much time, effort and money to walk away at this stage. Just look at the benefits. Ask 'Sammie' how her life has changed since getting her licence.

And remeber you haven't failed you just haven't passed this time. You only fail if you walk away. I have had many students that have come to me twenty or so years after failing their test and 'giving up' only to regret their decission. Learn by their mistake and go get your licence now.

#11 25-08-05 17:19:52

pauline

thanks for the kind words and wisdom
my theory is 8th september at 3pm i think the waiting is 9 weeks for a practical here in kettering.
but im going to get a cancellation after my theory test .
i dont think ill ever forget that roundabout etched now in my brain.
i now know you need to be in the laft lane if its clear and can use the other lane if its not.
always drive in the left as they say..............
i wish instead of keep saying a14 east and saying about midlands
he had of just told me which exit but as badger says im going to get my adi to check it out as its confusing when they say a place and not an exit........
the other roundabout he just said we are 1st exit ,going left and  thats easy to remember............but never mind i know i wont foget it now.
i spoke to a few friends and they drive they said they thought you could use either lane as they both go same place they always do..........
well let you all know how i get on with theory
question part dont bother me its the hpt but i have been using the focus cd and getting over 50% so hope thats good ..........
good luck to everyone having tests practical or theory.
smile

#12 25-08-05 21:38:14

itfcbabe16

If your not sure, just ask them! when they say "turn left towards Norwich" etc.. just say "which exit is that?" or " is that the 3rd exit?" if ur not sure! both my examiners on both tests were good in that way! they really aint as evil as people think! I always double checked with them and made sure if i wasn't sure myself.
Good luck honey! know ya can do it!! x x

#13 29-08-05 21:56:40

pauline

hi there
on this particular new  roundabout he didnt even say 1st 2nd or what exit just
a14 east and then mentioned midlands
thing is midlands is right and a14 east is straight on
but i will be asking next time.
very confusing roundabout as its been in the paper about normal drivers having problems and accidents too...........
it has lights and road markings, on my test it was pouring with rain
so was going slow enough.............yet when i told him both lanes said a14 east   he said oh no no you made two cars  slow down.yet we were crawling anyways...............
and why was the serious in road mark i would of thought it would come under somthing else if you make cars slow down..............
never mind i will make sure i ask next time................thankyou smile ij ust hope i can show them ......................

#14 31-08-05 15:59:01

itfcbabe16

u go get 'em!! hehehe.. good luck x

#15 08-09-05 18:02:08

pauline

hi there
just letting you all know
i passed theory today
now for the practical ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
trying to get a early date but none yet......................
i will keep trying.................
noticed on way to northampton.....................
the drivers were using the same lane i used to get on a14 east
even though the other lane was clear shows even the pros dont know were there going on this new roundabout.............................its a disgrace they take learners on it and fail them for somthing everyones doing who has passed years ago...........................
hope the dsa have a read of this.....................

#16 08-09-05 20:10:54

luchell

fantastic. bet thats a weight off your mind lol  good luck with getting a practical date

#17 09-09-05 20:54:09

pauline

hi there
well just managed to get a date for practical not as soon as i would like but got one smile
im keeping it secret right now as my nerves are calmer with no pressure
but hope i can come on and say i passed this time..................
watch this space ...................

Board footer