You are not logged in.

#1 19-05-04 20:54:14

Josie

Training for part 1&2 on your own

Hi

Probably daft question  but i am just a bit confused how this works. There seems to be a few people on this forums suggesting doing part 1 & 2 of the ADI training independently then doing part 3 through a school.  Does anybody know how this works? Do the schools offer you support on part 1 or do they just hand you the books to learn? Has anybody trained this way?

Also does anybody know is you purchase the whole course through a school/college are your training resources incl in cost ie, books etc or do you have to buy these too?

Thanks
Josie   roll

19-05-04 20:54:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Training for part 1&2 on your own

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 20-05-04 07:27:47

Liesa

Hi Josie

You can purchase a complete home study pack for part 1 from the many on-line suppliers.

Try http://www.rcmmarketing.co.uk

If you pay for training for part 1, the school normally gives you a study pack then more or less leaves you to get on with it. The course I did involved a 1 day part 1 course the rest was down to me! The course fee did however include all the reading materials I needed.

Part 2 can be done by finding a good local ADI, who should be able to train you to the standard required for part 2. This will work out a whole lot cheaper than paying 1 of these instructor training establishments. But if I was you I'd look for someone who's passed a higher standard driving test than just part 2, the 2 tests which I'd look for are either Cardington Special test or the Diamond special test!

Hope this helps, and let us know how you're getting on wink

#3 20-05-04 11:37:15

Josie

Hi Liesa

Thanks for the advice, it really does help.  I'm beggining to think I'm best off going through a school.  If I get it wrong I have wasted my money and time.  I suppose at least with a school you get a course structure and mock tests.

Josie  :shock:

#4 20-05-04 14:11:12

Kev
Verified Member
Website

Hi
when I did my part 1 training it was 3 days in a classroom with all the reading materials included. The trainer would give you a mock test and leave you to it and would come back about a hour and a half later,making up an excuse about  a problem in the office downstairs. I later found out he would be out doing a part 2/3 training with another would be instructor .At the time part2/3 training was £20 per hour. sad

Always look on the bright side of life.
Kev

#5 20-05-04 19:21:29

Liesa

Hi Josie

If you buy the theory software, you'll be able to run mock tests on your computer wink

#6 23-05-04 22:01:45

suzanne73

HI JOSIE

IN MY CASE, I WAS IN A CLASSROOM FOR FOUR DAYS A WEEK, WHERE I DID 2 THEORY TESTS & 2 HAZARD PERCEPTION TESTS A DAY. AT THE START OF THE COURSE I WAS GETTING 70%, BY THE END OF THE FIRST WEEK MY SCORES HAD GONE UP TO 95-100%. IF I HAD STUDIED AT HOME I DONT THINK I WOULD HAVE DONE AS WELL. I THINK YOU NEED TO HAVE SOME FEEDBACK FROM INSTRUCTOR TRAINERS. I HOPE THIS HELPS. GOOD LUCK.  big_smile

#7 23-05-04 22:21:25

Badger

Firstly you should obtain  the ADI Pack (ADI 14) from the DSA  - tells you all you need to know and has a progress section.  At the same time get the ADI PArt 1 question bank.

Ring 01234 744054 Cardington DSA Publications.

You can  go to Morrisons and get the Focus Theory Test CD which has the ADI questions on it as well and endless mock testing. £5.99

Badger

#8 24-05-04 18:17:07

catlip

Is there anyone who has gone through parts one and two on their own (either successfully or unsuccessfully) who could share their experiences please?

Catlip.

#9 25-05-04 09:44:52

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hiya I am actually doing part 1 now on my own, I'm not finding the question bank to hard,it's the HPT that's the bug bear for me,I don't want this to sound condescending in any way shape or form and my apologies in advance if it comes across that way :oops:  but with the HPT you have to put yourself back into Learner mode,which for me is really hard.
I will tell you this it's going to be worth it in the end,and I for one will be a very happy bunny wink

hides away now sorry :oops:

Regards Giz

#10 26-05-04 23:05:24

Josie

Hi Gizmotime

I know Liesa has already advised me of packs to but for theory etc but can you tell me what pack you bought please? How much did it cost you & how are you going about part 2, just by contacting a local instuctor?  I still cant get my head around how you know what to train for in part 2, would the instructor advise on this?  Also are you booking your own exams.........Crikey....too many questions I know...sorry

confused  :shock:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 27-05-04 09:59:57

Gizmotime
Administrator

Josie wrote:

Hi Gizmotime

I know Liesa has already advised me of packs to but for theory etc but can you tell me what pack you bought please? How much did it cost you & how are you going about part 2, just by contacting a local instructor?  I still cant get my head around how you know what to train for in part 2, would the instructor advise on this?  Also are you booking your own exams.........Crikey....too many questions I know...sorry

confused  :shock:

Hi Josie
No problem I got the DSA ADI Theory Test Question bank,I got it from the DSA it cost £5.00 it's what they call the starter pack,934 questions in it :shock:
I also have the disk with the questions on and a disk for the hpt that my friend who is an ADI gave to me.
Part 2 I am doing with my ADI friend who is very very good.The Instructor will tell you what you need to know Yes.
I am booking my own exams, I feel this is the best way for me as I don't feel pressured.
You have NOT asked to many questions at all,remember if we don't ask we don't find out.

Please don't feel confused you have the help and support from everyone on here,We can both benefit from the experience of everyone on here.

Best of luck,if you need anymore help just shout,I know I will wink

Regards Giz smile

Board footer