You are not logged in.

#1 17-08-05 20:48:39

cfccat
Verified Member

driving instruction diploma

Despite numerous searches on the net I cant seem to find any info regarding the driving instructors diploma course.

Anyone got any idea where to find out about costs, colleges which run the course, distance learning options, time to complete etc?

Would be grateful if anyone has any info or any idea where to find out about it

Ta

Cat

17-08-05 20:48:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: driving instruction diploma

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 17-08-05 20:57:45

andyc

#3 17-08-05 21:00:50

cfccat
Verified Member

cheers mate, just what I been looking for!

#4 18-08-05 06:35:00

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

And you can pm me. I did it this year and would be happy to help where possible.

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#5 18-08-05 08:12:57

all_alps
Verified Member

Hi, Marconi1 can you possibly PM me with further details on the Diploma in Driving Instruction. Really appreciate your help! Thanks

Does anyone know where to to the Master in Driving instruction???
I cant seem to find anything. I am sure Lynne Barrie has done it.

#6 18-08-05 08:12:59

Orcharddrive
Verified Member
Website

You can p.m. me if you want to know about studying and taking the Dip.D.I. examination, as I hold this qualification and will be happy to help.

Visit www.instructor.org.uk for free help and training guides on becoming a driving instructor.

#7 18-08-05 10:04:11

pj
Verified Member

I can help as well if you want someone who's in London, books going cheap lol

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#8 18-08-05 14:47:27

Horizon
Verified Member

So apart from the CPD aspect, do you find the DipDI has made any difference?

#9 18-08-05 15:27:43

GreenLight
Verified Member
Website

Gosh! better jump in here before my old mate. Correction, extremely old mate, Marconi steals my thunder.

Interesting point from Horizon - but CPD is what its all about is it not?. I certainly don't have a flashing sign on the top of the car saying DipDI. (But must admit it is now on my stationery).

I am sure we all agree that the perfect driver does not exist. So neither does the perfect ADI. We can always improve and add to our skills.

And my DipDI self study materials (one owner, perfect condition) are packed up and ready for sale. £21.90. Which is half DIA members' price!

Sorry, Jonks am I allowed to do this?

What are you offering yours for PJ?

Larry DipDI

#10 18-08-05 16:33:29

VandADI
Administrator

Greenlight,
You may get more of a response if you advertise your self study materials here . http://www.learners.me.uk/learn2drivefo … .php?f=102

#11 18-08-05 16:48:22

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

Thanks DAD aka greenlight,

For me the Dip DI has been very useful, but as Larry said it’s more about improving your lot. The confidence it gives you is immense. For me and others it opens up your view of teaching and expands your knowledge.

Since doing the Diploma I have started corporate driver training and have another 2 things in the pipeline (news to follow shortly) whilst the Diploma did not directly access these areas it certainly helped.

There is little help or info on the Net about the Diploma and your best link is the one already mentioned, Larry’s (greenlights) bargain will set any one on there way and will give you most of the info you need to start studying. There is one or two correspondence courses but these are down to the individual.

The route I took was to purchase the work books and a copy of the Driving instructors manual from the DIA about £35 + about £10 for the update service. Register your interest with Colin at the DIA and he will give you info about the exams nearer the time. Then study, study, study. Much of it you will already know some will be strange.

I will write more and help where needed as I am sure will the others who have volunteered; maybe we could have a Dip.DI workshop section????????(JONKS) to help anyone else.

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#12 18-08-05 20:18:53

cfccat
Verified Member

Thanks everyone for all the info, I have emailed the necessary people and am awaiting replies. Will pm those of you above with some questions when I get word from the DIA

cat

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 20-08-05 12:36:08

Orcharddrive
Verified Member
Website

GreenLight wrote:

I certainly don't have a flashing sign on the top of the car saying DipDI. (But must admit it is now on my stationery).

Larry DipDI

I don't even put mine on my postings wink
I found that the study made me more aware of our business and spurred me on to be a better ADI. We're in a teaching business and whilst I know many instructors take the RoSPA Gold, etc. That's about their own driving.
I took the Dip.D.I. to increase my knowledge of driver training. Maybe it's because of this that I don't worry about the introduction of C.P.D. in the way that some others do. Present company excepted, of course!

Visit www.instructor.org.uk for free help and training guides on becoming a driving instructor.

#14 21-08-05 09:28:59

ExAdiNigel

RoSPA also do a diploma course resulting in a Diploma in Advanced Driving Techniques.

This will also give you exemption from teh DSA fleet exams.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#15 22-08-05 11:29:04

andyc

whilst looking for something else entirely, have just come across this:

www.badis.org.uk/dip.html

which includes the exam schedule, so you can even start planning!! wink

Board footer