You are not logged in.

#26 14-08-05 20:04:59

sparkle

Re: Mini

It DOES have a heavy clutch though doesnt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not just me thinking that... ive drove alot of deisels but this takes the pi$$  lol

14-08-05 20:04:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 14-08-05 20:09:34

markA.d.I

ha ha some one needs to go to the gym and build up those leg muscles!!!, i have never noticed a particularly heave clutch, Renault Clios i found very heavy, but could have been due to slave duals??

#28 14-08-05 20:15:33

sparkle

See this is the thing> I REALLY wanted a mini...REALLY wanted one.. test drove it... drove my pdi's Mini for 2 hours solid...oh god put me off for life...which was BIG shame :cry:

I LOVE them..the look is ACE... they grab attention from 17-21 age bracket BIG TIME.

My left leg sufferes though! oh and i prefer at least SOME leg room in the back!!! AND a boot of course for all my shopping lol

#29 14-08-05 20:40:11

cfccat
Verified Member

I started up on my own in May and bought a mini one diesel, it is the best small car I think I have ever driven! Test drove everything small you can think of and fell in love with the mini. It makes it a pleasure to go to work  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile
It is unbelievably economical, plenty of space in the front, even though the back lacks a certain amount of leg room and the boot basically doesn't exist. Being a diesel the clutch is heavier than a petrol engined car, but none of the people I am teaching find it a problem, they even prefer it to the focus I had before with the aa. Can't say I have had anyone complain about rear visibility, most people who started learning in the focus say mini is 100% easier to reverse.
It is a definite pupil-puller though, my bookings have doubled since I bought it, not one has said they didnt like driving it.
Hope all goes well with your part 3
Cat

#30 15-08-05 09:18:22

hodges21
Verified Member
Website

yeah the lets drive mini does exsit - i think its a small breed - but in my hands its doing very well lol

been with them 2 years now, with out problem - i get left alone by them and run a very successfull driving school - i have no problems with them at all.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#31 15-08-05 16:18:41

g'day
Verified Member
Website

That's good to hear as I am "training" with them in a Ford Focus! Where abouts are you based?

#32 15-08-05 21:02:23

hodges21
Verified Member
Website

leicestershire

#33 16-08-05 18:05:15

ucandrive
Verified Member

big_smile
Thanks guys for your views on the Mini One, as they are all positive - well mostly!
Have not test drove one yet but I will prior to getting one   :!:

Thanks Cat for the best wishes smile

ucandrive

#34 16-08-05 19:50:49

cfccat
Verified Member

No problem mate let us know how you get on with part three

#35 16-08-05 22:00:57

MiniRob
Verified Member
Website

I've had a MINI one petrol since October when i qualified.  The pupils love it, and so do I.  Pupils who drive mum's Corsa find the MINI sooooo much better for all-round visability and feel through the controls.  Agree it's not the most practical car, but fine if you already have a family car. Also economy not the best, and reverse does take a knack, but hey, each one has it's own personality, and mine is called 'Halle'!! And all the other MINI's wave to you!
It opens up lots of advertising opportunities along the 'MINI adventure' theme, for example I use 'Start your own MINI adventure with Argyll Driver Training'.  All helps to catch the imagination and sway that customer in your direction.
Rob (& Halle!)
And good luck with pt3.

#36 06-10-05 16:19:29

lucky

do you think examiners secretly descriminate against certain cars?

if a pupil turned uo for test in a suped-up sporty looking car do you think the test gets off to a bad start?

any exeriences of this please?

thinking of buying an older Rover mini now for training, then leasing a new mini 1 if i qualify.

#37 06-10-05 16:32:59

Orcharddrive
Verified Member
Website

The mini had a bad reputation for being off the road too much for ADI's when they were first launched. I think they must be better now, as I don't hear those stories as much. My car ( KIA Picanto ) cost £6250 and I expect it to last about 150,000 miles, which is three years for me. So the car costs about £2000 a year. A mini costs more so you need to work out the cost over three years. I'm always fully booked so the type of car makes no difference to me. If you need a flashy car to attract customers, I guess the Mini fits the bill...but do you?

Visit www.instructor.org.uk for free help and training guides on becoming a driving instructor.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#38 06-10-05 16:45:59

lucky

If you need a flashy car to attract customers, I guess the Mini fits the bill...but do you?

good question..............

#39 06-10-05 16:49:04

sparkle

Ive been asked ONCE what car ive got.. pupils dont know what they are driving anyway lol  HONEST!

Not like they gonna buy the car off you when they pass.

To me, my car is just a tool.

#40 06-10-05 17:44:12

markA.d.I

i spend sooooo many hours in my car that it is nice to have something that you like, it is a tool agreed, but i find that giving the mini a polish is a pleasure...would find it hard to motivate myself if it was a kia !. i can understand that it is very cost effective car but not very exciting. when a pupil calls i love the excitement they have when discover they are going to drive a mini!!!!.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#41 06-10-05 17:48:58

sparkle

markA.d.I wrote:

when a pupil calls i love the excitement they have when discover they are going to drive a mini!!!!.

What ever floats ya boat Mark tongue  lol

personally, the mini was the worst car i drove..think you know that anyway from my posts lol .. they DO look very cute and smart but ohh just dont like em :?

Anyway... to me..a car is a car.. bit of a typical bird really :twisted:

#42 06-10-05 17:58:58

markA.d.I

everyone loves the mini, you just need more time to adjust!!.

#43 06-10-05 18:05:02

sparkle

Never in a million years lol  no room for the pushchair anyway lol  the boot could JUST about fit my handbag i reckon...at a push!

#44 06-10-05 18:08:26

Ozzie

We're about to get an automatic mini. So as most of the moans involve the clutch and reverse, hopefully the auto with avoid those problems.

Oz

#45 06-10-05 18:14:18

markA.d.I

come on sparke, just watch the italian job a couple of times!!! .... i even have the "self preservation society" ring tone  8)

#46 06-10-05 18:18:48

sparkle

mark> not for me.

There is NO boot!!!!!! i like a boot.

FAR too overpriced aswell.

I dont need a gimiky car to attract pupils.. NOT saying you do my friend lol  lol  im just saying im not that into what i drive about in all day as some of my male peers are... i told you im a woman!!! not that bothered!

I dont know what an italian job is? its a film yes? anyway.. no to the mini.. yes to the golf big_smile  thats more my stylie lol

#47 07-10-05 08:58:51

Django

markA.d.I wrote:

everyone loves the mini, you just need more time to adjust!!.

Errrrrrr no we don't.

I agree with my bird wink  on this one.

As for watching 'the Italian job' they knew how to treat them chucked them down the mountain as far as I can remember. lol  lol  lol  lol

Serious though. They're my cup of tea. Oh yeah you wouldn't know but I hate tea. tongue  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

Each to their own.

#48 07-10-05 09:20:06

markA.d.I

nasty !!!!!  oh well never mind, at least i am happy  lol

#49 07-10-05 09:38:08

Django

markA.d.I wrote:

at least i am happy  lol

Which is the important thing.  big_smile

I reckon I like lots things you don't and vice versa. It don't matter none does it? That is after all the wonderful thing in this world. We are all different and love and hate different things. The freedom of choice and so long as we are are both happy who gives a stuff what others think :?:

You enjoy your mini and I'll enjoy my Porsche (in my dreams that is lol  lol )

#50 07-10-05 12:12:03

markA.d.I

to true mrd, porshe sucks ha ha

Board footer