You are not logged in.

#1 11-08-05 19:04:06

woodlandk.fsbusiness.co.u
Verified Member

First Check Test

Hello All,
        A bit of advice required please. Have just received notification of my first check test.
        I haven't got a pupil booked in for the date and time allocated to me, neither do I think I will be able to re-schedule one!!!
        Just wondered what your views were on using the examiner role-playing the pupil.
        Apparently they will notify me of the subject to be taught prior to the check test if I take this option.
        Any thoughts or experiences would be much appreciated.

Thankyou.

11-08-05 19:04:06

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: First Check Test

#2 11-08-05 19:08:08

PLYMOUTH77

just going off the subject slightly, can i ask when you passed your part 3. Just wondering how long they have left it until your first check test?

#3 11-08-05 19:16:17

Verified Member

Hi Plymouth77 - passed part 3 Sept 2004 - just about 12 months to check test.  sad

Cheers Kev

#4 11-08-05 19:17:05

markA.d.I

hi plymouth, passed my part3 in march, recieved the dreaded letter on monday telling me that the check test will be 1st of september. most people seem to be of the opinion that you should avoid role play like the plague. i have a pupil who has 10/15 hours, at a reasonable standard but having issues with progress. i am going to cover progress over a varity of different roads and keep my fingers crossed. have also been advised not to cover manouvres.

#5 11-08-05 19:33:20

T

I'd agree to avoid role play as the SE is much better and sneakier at playing the ass than any pupil i've ever known. You can use a licence holder who wants a refresher on dual carriageways or something like that of if you consider just how many people don't know how to bay park. Use a mate or a member of the family but don't prep them as it is much easier for you if you carry out the lesson if you don't know how they are going to respond.

#6 11-08-05 19:41:15

Elite ADI
Verified Member
Website

I got my dreaded letter through last week for the 31st of this month, and I passed part 3 oct last year, so they're obviously starting to pull their fingers out around my area!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 12-08-05 13:05:24

Hale
Verified Member
Website

I won't be working as an ADI when i take my Check Test. So im having to use the examiner - couldn't care less about it being role play - bring it on!!

I'll let you know how he tries to **** me up!

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 12-08-05 13:53:39

koabrahams
Verified Member
Website

Elite ADI wrote:

I got my dreaded letter through last week for the 31st of this month, and I passed part 3 oct last year, so they're obviously starting to pull their fingers out around my area!

Hi ya,
Any idea what lesson you're planning to do? Where are you having to pick the examiner up from?
Did you get an educational check test?

Korene

DISCOVER DRIVING
Fully qualified female instructors covering Norfolk
Grade 5 instructor
DIAmond Advanced Special Test

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 12-08-05 15:30:28

T

Elite ADI wrote:

so they're obviously starting to pull their fingers out around my area!

I don't want to imagine what their fingers were doing around your area lol

#10 12-08-05 23:31:12

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Out of you who have said 'avoid the SE as role play' have you taken a check test with the SE as role play ?

Just a question !

#11 13-08-05 08:13:56

Verified Member

If anyone has actually used an examiner to role play a pupil, I would appreciate you sharing your experiences.

Other than this any CONSTRUCTIVE advice would also be appreciated.

Kev

#12 13-08-05 09:50:07

Django

I did the role play thing and found it a superb exercise. The SE was great and I learned a great deal from it. They do not 'play the ass' as was mentioned above but are more intent on finding out your teaching method. It is nothing like a part three exam. It is far more relaxed and a great learning tool. I had a long discussion afterwards and blow away lots of 'urban myths'. Go for it and enjoy it there really isn't anything to lose any sleep over. big_smile

#13 13-08-05 16:23:12

VandADI
Administrator

markA.d.I wrote:

have also been advised not to cover manouvres.

Why would you not cover manoeuvres on a check test? after all, it is a subject that we teach our pupils so why not on a check test?

#14 13-08-05 16:51:39

markA.d.I

i was told by various other adis (including other posts on here) that the se might see several t.i.r in one day, so you could only achieve a grade to certain standard based upon what he has already seen. so i was advised to stay away from manouvres and try to cover something on the move.........you do not think this to be true???.

#15 13-08-05 17:07:04

luchell

what is the difference between an educational and normal checktest? does the result stand the same?

#16 13-08-05 17:08:53

VandADI
Administrator

Seeing that  the SEADIs have to keep within variances, it really wouldn't matter what subject we choose, it just depends on their quota for that day.

#17 13-08-05 18:57:24

sparkle

VandADI wrote:

Seeing that  the SEADIs have to keep within variances, it really wouldn't matter what subject we choose, it just depends on their quota for that day.

too true. thats really bugged me that you know  :x

#18 15-08-05 10:31:05

T

luchell wrote:

what is the difference between an educational and normal checktest? does the result stand the same?

An Educational check test is normally conducted at around the 6 month from qualifying mark and is really just for the SE to see how you have progressed and if there is any advice he/she can give you to help you improve. Mostly, i would expect your grade will be an "E" but it has been known that if your instructional techniques were good you would be graded a 4 or even possibly a 5. The actual check test is for your first grade if you didn't manage a grade on your Educational.

#19 15-08-05 10:39:57

Carl

My last check test was a role play due to being let down by a pupil and I got a highest grade on a check test yet (grade 5). I didn't even cover what the SE wanted me to cover (went the wrong direction), but he felt that I corrected all his problems in a positive way. I'd have had a 6 if I had actually covered what he wanted.

Won't have any second thoughts if I had to do a role play on the next one (April 2008'ish)

Carl

Board footer