You are not logged in.

#1 11-08-05 15:24:33

Serpico
Verified Member

Got my check test notification through this morning

I haven't had one since 1997, and I'm cacking my pants.

Can anyone recommend any reading material that might help?

11-08-05 15:24:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Got my check test notification through this morning

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 11-08-05 15:42:31

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Serpico,
I found the 'ADI Check Test Guide' and 'Get That Grade 6' from the DIA an excellent read, it helped me tremendously, although I never got that Grade 6  lol
http://www.driving.org/products.html   and type in check test guide
VandADI

#3 11-08-05 16:34:25

DAVE-ADI

They've gone mad on checktests in this area.  It seems every ADI has got the invite.

And there are reports  that SEADIs are now  coming up with new faults.  Spoken to two ADIs this week who have both been downgraded because they have failed to keep up with changes. 
Problem is,  no one knows about them.

Not trying to make your pants any more messy serpico,  but from what local colleagues are reporting,  the DSA is really  tightening up.

Last week I e mailed DSA to ask  do SEADIs have to keep within variances, just like L examiners.

The answer - Yes they do

#4 11-08-05 16:37:10

Badger

Have you asked the DSA if their policy stifles rising standards or not ?

badger

#5 11-08-05 16:41:40

DAVE-ADI

no, because we know what answer we will get, the same as was in the reply.  -

All examiners have their test results scrutinized;  this happens routinely regardless of the examiner's experience or grade.  This is to ensure that common standards of assessment are maintained,

I'm not going to let this rest though.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 11-08-05 16:42:58

VandADI
Administrator

DAVE-ADI wrote:

Last week I e mailed DSA to ask  do SEADIs have to keep within variances, just like L examiners.

The answer - Yes they do

So, it would appear that there IS a quota on check tests.  That's going to put the cat amongs the pidgeons.   wink

#7 11-08-05 17:04:33

DAVE-ADI

Yes V.

That seems to be what DSA is admitting to.

#8 11-08-05 17:11:40

Badger

The point I am making is that if several examiners are creeping their pass rates up due to a rise in the standard of candidate being presented for test does the DSA acnowledg this by raising the pass percentage?

I believe that this is a new way of looking at what the DSA are doing.

Are they suppressing the percentage in the wooden belief that the DEs are out of synch and not the other way around.

How would the local or national pass rate rise anyway?

Badger

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 11-08-05 17:56:37

TDC
Verified Member

DAVE-ADI wrote:

And there are reports  that SEADIs are now  coming up with new faults.  Spoken to two ADIs this week who have both been downgraded because they have failed to keep up with changes. 
Problem is,  no one knows about them.

Not trying to make your pants any more messy serpico,  but from what local colleagues are reporting,  the DSA is really  tightening up.

so then even more reason for instructors to resit parts 2 and 3  to ensure they keep up to date with the changes as these two you mention seem not to have managed

Im so good its unbelievable

#10 11-08-05 20:41:56

Graham10

you know the good old double standards agency, change the rules etc, then because someone did not read some bit of info tucked, away, no  hidden in something
about test fees

Graham

#11 11-08-05 20:55:06

TDC
Verified Member

yep Graham my post was meant to be of the sarcastic nature too  wink

#12 11-08-05 21:01:42

DAVE-ADI

so then even more reason for instructors to resit parts 2 and 3 to ensure they keep up to date with the changes as these two you mention seem not to have managed

No, don't agree with that.    Would it not be far more productive, and make for better relations, if DSA told ADIs what changes they wanted to see, so we could implement them, rather than waiting 4 years  (some have waited 8 years) until the ADI is tested, and then downgrading them?

By announcing the  required changes through for example Despatch, EVERY ADI would then be aware.

#13 11-08-05 21:21:28

TDC
Verified Member

yes Dave i agree my post was supposed to be sarcastic as in thats the argument DSA will use not me  big_smile

#14 13-08-05 00:07:10

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Money, What more ! oh go on then  :?

#15 13-08-05 14:45:20

buz2

phone your seadi for advise on a check test they are very helpfull.

#16 22-08-05 22:39:24

Hopton
Verified Member

I have just moved 120 miles away from where i was before, but cant find out how to tell my local office i need to change my details.

HELP!

Driving me Crazy, and thats just the wife !

Board footer