You are not logged in.

#1 19-05-04 18:33:03

catlip

Who and How do I choose?

First of all I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has posted previously. I have already had many questions answered. This forum should be recommended reading for anyone interested in becoming a driving instructor!

I have, after ten years of thinking about it, decided to become an ADI. I have currently got a shortlist of 2 companies for the training, LDC (which I've seen plenty of good comments about in previous posts) and Safeway. Has anyone any experience of the latter? Also can anyone recommend any alternatives in the Swindon area. I am prepared to travel as far as Bristol if necessary (35-40miles), but could this cause problems?

For my next question, what should I ask when I speak to companies which are potentially going to recieve my hard earned cash. I'm sure there's a really obvious question that I have not thought of!

Many thanks in advance, catlip.

19-05-04 18:33:03

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Who and How do I choose?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 20-05-04 05:34:45

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Hi Catlip,
I am an LDC instructor, and did all my training with them.
I signed up in august 2002, and started my training as soon as i had paid my deposit, i passed my part1 (1st time), on 5th nov 02, and had already had my first 3 hours of part2 training, so i could carry on straight away! I left my previous job on 21st nov 02, to concentrate on my training for parts 2&3. i passed part2 in feb 03 (1st time), and again had already started part3.  I went to pontefract in june 03 for the 3 day training & induction course, and collect my car. i took my part3 the following week, but unfortunately failed so went on to a pink! and started my work as instructor!
I eventually passed part3 (3rd attempt) on 13th april 04.

Now all the training and help received from LDC throughout was excellent, and the amount of training materials you receive for your money is excellent, and as long as you are prepared to work hard at it, you should do fine!
The company itself are great to work for, just ask any instructor, and the support you get even as an ADI is excellent and they try to get you pupils too, so you are not alone in that respect!

All i can say from my own personal experience is give them a try as i'm glad i did!!!

Check out the website  www.learnerdriving.com
we even have our own forum which you can join once registered with them, or as a learner, and we can chat and help each other out!!!
www.ldcforum.co.uk

I HOpe this has been of help to you!!??

Rob

#3 20-05-04 05:58:39

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

Hi
I am an LDC intructor and started about the same time as robbie and i have to say i have found LDC very good while training and since passing part 3 and working on a francise also you can get some big discounts on new cars from them even when you are training

#4 21-05-04 05:21:30

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Hey al, just to remind you we did both join the franchise at the same time!!!!!!!
We even shared the same B+B, and went to the pub together!!!!

Or were you refering to the training????

HAHAHA

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

#5 21-05-04 15:38:03

catlip

Thanks for your replies. LDC is at the top of my list. Can anyone tell me anything negative about LDC as I don't remember seeing anything but positive comments about them.

#6 22-05-04 05:43:01

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

YES, i do have something negative to say about LDC!!!???

Whenever you try to phone them, at the head office you can never get through as the lines are soooooo busy!!!!!   If you leave an answer phone message they dont always get back to you !!!!

But other then that no probs!!!

Board footer