You are not logged in.

#1 17-05-04 10:31:24

keslo66

theory test

hiya.
ive been learning for a while now and really want to go for my theory test. ive been trying really hard to revise but seem to be going no-where. does anyone have any notes or something that would help me? please help as i really want to put in for my theory test. thanks. luv steph

17-05-04 10:31:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: theory test

#2 17-05-04 11:15:33

foilerist
Verified Member
Website

What are you using as revision material?, i've found if you're using a questions and answer type book then the information doesn't go in as well as using something like "driving the essential skills" and the highway code.  You could also use something like "driving test success", a cd rom from focus, which has all the questions as well as study material and hazard perception clips.  So use the books for revision and the cd for revision and assessment.  Good Luck.

#3 17-05-04 11:21:13

keslo66

hi there. i have got "driving the essential skills, highway code, the teory book." it just isnt going in. ive also got the Cd. ill keep on cramming and hopefully itll go in eventually.
thanks for your help
steph xx

#4 17-05-04 11:26:47

foilerist
Verified Member
Website

ok then, a good thing to do is, as you're reading the questions try and think what you would do in that situation.  i.e. visualise that you are the person driving then go through the answers and you might find that the answer is obvious.  Are you taking driving lessons with an instructor?

#5 17-05-04 14:10:10

keslo66

hi there. yes i am taking driving lessons with capital counties. some of the questions are obvious but some, like the motorway and the trafic lights arent and you have to remember them. thanks
steph xx

#6 17-05-04 15:48:04

foilerist
Verified Member
Website

ok i know this will be obvious but there are only two sequences of traffic light, made easier still by one being just for pelican crossings.  The most common one goes from top to bottom RED  RED/AMBER (together) GREEN  AMBER(by itself) RED.  This is handy because when your driving towards a set of lights you know what light is coming next.  Now the other one, pelican crossings RED FLASHING AMBER GREEN STEADY AMBER RED. Puffin and toucan crossings tend to have the normal sequence.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 17-05-04 15:57:54

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I found that trying to do to much at ones does no good, When you study take a break every so often and go over in your mind what you have been doing.

Good Luck with your theory test

#8 18-05-04 10:45:57

keslo66

thank you for all your help. im going to do as much cramming as i can.
luv steph x

#9 18-05-04 12:09:48

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hi Steph

What I did for the Diploma was I studied for a couple of hours then I had a break,just went for a walk round,and went over everything in my mind,when I came back I sat down did the questions and I kept on doing that until everything has sunk in my tiny brain. ( I did 20 questions at a time).

I hope this helps a little.

Board footer