You are not logged in.

#1 08-08-05 15:35:51

Happijocks

First lesson on a Pink and WOW

Had my first lesson on a pink today and WOW are they all like this?  She was 4'10" so had difficulty seeing where corners where and the give way lines etc. Had to come up with ways so she could gauge where they were.  After the briefing on T-junctions she proceeded to ignore everything I had discussed.  She couldn't remember the DSSSM or MSM from her previous lesson (she had her first lesson with another instructor).  I think I spent most of the lesson trying not to let her hit parked cars and keep her hand on the wheels.  As for the lesson on approaching and emerging from T-junctions, well I don't know what happened to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok we managed to get round loads of junctions but it was a real struggle.  I ended up having to go back and guide her through them because as soon as I tried just to prompt her she ended up thinking about what I had asked that she forget EVERYTHING else.  At one point I thought she had the approach procedure sussed then the next junction she ignored the procedure all together.  Is this typical of a pup?  Do most of them ignore everything you say, please say noooooooooooooooo.

God that was an exhausting lesson!!!

HJ smile

08-08-05 15:35:51

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: First lesson on a Pink and WOW

#2 08-08-05 15:41:53

Rookie
Website

Hi Happijock

Yes, the first lessons are not like part 3 training, they do not take-in briefings very well to start. Best do wht u are doing, stage at a time. Clutch cont and steering, then she will take-in all the next briefing. Put her on a hill if u have not already, show her how to hold car on cluth , then up/down e.t.c u know , no makin u suc eggs!  lol

It feels SOOO good when u get your pups to pass!

I still on pink but my last mock was a 3/4 so i am getin there! good luck.

"Look at the whole picture before you judge". "Judge oneself before you judge the Judger"..... The Rookster.Nov 05

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 08-08-05 17:17:39

Troll

Happijocks wrote:

Had my first lesson on a pink today and WOW are they all like this?  She was 4'10" so had difficulty seeing where corners where and the give way lines etc. Had to come up with ways so she could gauge where they were.  After the briefing on T-junctions she proceeded to ignore everything I had discussed.  She couldn't remember the DSSSM or MSM from her previous lesson (she had her first lesson with another instructor).  I think I spent most of the lesson trying not to let her hit parked cars and keep her hand on the wheels.  As for the lesson on approaching and emerging from T-junctions, well I don't know what happened to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok we managed to get round loads of junctions but it was a real struggle.  I ended up having to go back and guide her through them because as soon as I tried just to prompt her she ended up thinking about what I had asked that she forget EVERYTHING else.  At one point I thought she had the approach procedure sussed then the next junction she ignored the procedure all together.  Is this typical of a pup?  Do most of them ignore everything you say, please say noooooooooooooooo.

God that was an exhausting lesson!!!

Hi,  Welcome to the real world of learners!!   big_smile

Even the best lesson plan can go pear-shaped - If what you're doing isnt working do something else!! - even scrap the intended lesson & focus on whats causing the problem at the time, its the only way - if they're not coping with the task they'll get demoralised, best to get them to try something they can achieve even if it means 'lowering the bar' a bit.

Good Luck

Board footer