You are not logged in.

#1 06-05-04 21:00:49

jonks

In car television

I was looking at some in car entertainment today.

Does anybody know if you need a TV license to use an incar TV?

06-05-04 21:00:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: In car television

#2 06-05-04 21:07:31

Liesa

Don't know about that, but if you already have a TV licence you should be covered!

I hope you don't intend to watch it whilst driving wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 06-05-04 22:58:08

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Good Question !

Maybe we need to keep a eye out for the TV van following us  smile

#4 07-05-04 01:07:34

Darren

I wouldnt think so, as it would go with your house :?  the best thing to do is email the BBC who own TV licencing. Ask them if you need one. Its the same for a handheld portable.

#5 07-05-04 01:42:08

minimodz
Verified Member

the simple answer is yes!
when you purchase a TV unit, the company where you buy it from is meant to fill in a form/send your details off...

sad

#6 07-05-04 07:03:50

Liesa

When you purchase a TV they do take all your details, but it works on your address. So if there's a licence listed for the address already there shouldn't be a problem. wink

#7 07-05-04 14:46:19

Michaela7
Website

I think Liesa is right but remember a TV licence only permits you to have a certain number of colour and black and white TV's at the one location, ( can't remember how many off the top of my head). So if your in car TV would take you above the permitted number then you would probably require an additional licence, although I may be wrong. Just my thoughts, I'm sure someone else will have the answer.  smile

Friendly, female Instructor! smile

Arrow School of Motoring

Car+small+picture.jpg

#8 08-05-04 17:52:21

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Can you watch the TV on them or are they just for videos ?

#9 15-05-04 09:33:29

Darren

you can watch TV, DVD's, videos, PS2, PS1, xbox, etc.... you have to get a tv tuner though but i did read you can get the TV in your car.

Board footer