You are not logged in.

#1 02-08-05 21:11:02

hodges21
Verified Member
Website

first check test coming up

hi
been qualified just over 2 years, and got my first check test coming up in september (yeah first one in 2 years!)

any one got any tips?

whats a good subject to teach? - i was thinking of P-Park (got this on my part 3 and did quite well)

also what about picking a pupil, i was thinking of taking one of better ones, that i know wont cause me too many problems, is that a good idea?

and what if the pupil as already gone over the P-park, does it matter - as long as i treat it as a first time exercise for the benifit of the SE?

comments most welcome

02-08-05 21:11:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: first check test coming up

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 02-08-05 22:59:52

Target
Verified Member
Website

There seems to be a few myths going around about CT's probably put about by some old hand who does not know whats really going on in the real world.

Try finding a pupil whos not going to be exceptionally nervous with someone in the car.

What you teach does not really matter, but it should meet the correct level for that pupils ability. I would recommend not taking someone whos test standard as in theory they should be level 5 with no faults to pick up on.

If your struggling with something use that as your lesson. Perhaps r/bouts. Plan your breifing and questions. work the route.

I simply did crossing traffic. Pupil was fine she just could not judge on coming cars.

The way its going on the first CT is like this.

SE sits in the back and unless your really crap your be fine.

Afterwards he will say.' well done thats not to bad, i'll see you in about 2 years time, you were very close to a 5 but keep the good work up and maybe next time'.

Same with the part 3. Wonder how many PDis fail on 3/4 first attempt.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#3 03-08-05 07:23:33

Horizon
Verified Member

I've always been told to steer clear of any manoeuvre, as you'll strugglr to get anything above a 4 (although that would be enough - just)

Board footer