You are not logged in.

#1 13-05-04 21:16:45

Leanne

six point check

Hello fellow learners. I have just had my first lesson and just a quick question about the six point check. Is there a correct amount of time that you should spend doing this? Having only just been taught this i feel like it is taking me three hours just to pull away!!! Also i have got my theory test on June 11th thank god it wont interfere with the footy. Any tips?  wink

13-05-04 21:16:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: six point check

#2 14-05-04 07:03:00

Bob_FOADS

For the theory part of the test have a go at the mock test on my site.

As for the 6 point check it will take some time to start with, don't worry too much about the time scale at the moment.
With experiance as to what you are looking for it'll get much quicker. The important thing is that you start over your left sholder and finish over your right. Stuff you see to your left is unlikly to be a problem but the further to te right you look the more important the oservation is (assuming you're moving off from the left kerb). The final check over the right sholder can take a little while and may even need to be repeted.

#3 14-05-04 18:23:55

Folk

Welcome to the site Leanne,
From one fellow Learner to another - great to have you on board. 

Don't worry about how much time it takes you to do everything, it's early days yet and it will all become part and parcel of what you do, eventually. 

Please feel free to post any more questions as there are lots of experienced Instructors on here who are only too willing to give advice and help.

Folk smile

#4 14-05-04 21:23:01

Leanne

Thanks Bob and Folk great to know you are here to lend help and support. Talking of more questions i have noticed that when i am out driving with my other half in his car quite a lot of other drivers are willing to flash to let me go. Just wondering where i would stand if this happened on my test as i know you should'nt take somebody flashing as a sign to go. smile

#5 14-05-04 21:44:52

Bob_FOADS

Flashing of headlights, as I'm sure you know, is purely to let other road users know of your presence. Yea, we all know they are used, incorectly, to let people out.

Simple answer is, if it's safe to leave / enter a junction then go for it! See the flashing of headlights as a warning that a car is there and check their speed / intention. Check around and if it's clear, carry on.

Warning, the chap flashing may be saying hello to his mate /  tried to indicate but flashed instead etc. etc. The worst one is he could have flashed somone else to exit a different junction so whatever happens check all around for yourself!

On a bike I was flashed out from a junction once. The person flashing started to jesticulate (wave his arms around) when I stayed put. It was only when another car screemed pased him doing 60+ that he realised I'd have been killed had I gone. Check all around for yourself and only go when it's safe.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 14-05-04 21:49:28

rachdrive
Website

Hi Leanne,

The others are right in terms of speed for checking and moving off!!!

As Far as people flashing on test, then as long as you check all round and again at them(to check it was you they were flashing) then it will not be  a problem. It has happened to everyone with an L on their car and examiners know this. They will just look to see if you are checking it was YOU they flashed and it IS SAFE to go!!!

Rach 8)

Driving is for life.........Not just for xmas!!!!!

www.boydsdrivertraining.co.uk

#7 14-05-04 22:58:37

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

Hi All as far as Flahing Headlights go why not follow this link and see what the Highway Code Says
http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/07.shtml#90

Tony

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

Board footer