You are not logged in.

#1 12-05-04 05:41:30

jcd

Judging widths in gaps, lane lines etc

Not sure where this question should be posed!

Is there a quick rule of thumb one can use for judging whether a large vehicle can get through gaps, lanes etc. I appreciate the need to use both mirrors to check this, but it seems to be effective for checking that all is going OK i.e. I am within the lane lines or have made it. The question is how can I safely judge this beforehand. Does it come with experience. I have found that in cars and small vans, making sure that the top of the steering wheel is midwayin the gap in front helps.

I can get into a panic situation i.e. I am not going to make the gap, but usually find that I have. What's going on. :!:  :!:

12-05-04 05:41:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Judging widths in gaps, lane lines etc

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 12-05-04 21:45:50

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Re: Judging widths in gaps, lane lines etc

It Does it come with experience, And whist you are not sure take it slow.

Make sure you can stop in good time if you cant !

Regards

Board footer