You are not logged in.

#1 10-05-04 11:00:26

keslo66

25 hours with county countries

hi there.
         my instructor has told me that i will need about 25 hours to get to test standard. i find this abit much as i have been learning to drive with my dad for a while and only took the lessons to touch up the finer points of driving which i would get failed for. i am using county countries. has anyone used them? if so, what did you think of them? id be greatfull for your opinion about this
thanks alot
steoh xx

10-05-04 11:00:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 25 hours with county countries

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 10-05-04 23:59:55

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Hi

I don't know the school that you mention but you may just need 25 hours.

Can you do Left-Hand reverse ?
Turn in the Road ?
Bay Parking ?

I see a lot of people who think they are ready for test but are far from it, Thinking back i can remember when i took my first driving test and a lot of things have changed.

What you could do is take an assessment lesson with another instructor and see what he/she says.

Good luck with everything and your driving test.

regards

#3 11-05-04 07:41:43

Midge
Website

To add to the previous answer, sometimes, if something has been taught incorrectly
( what you would have got away with 15 years ago now is a failure point) it takes longer to re learn than it would have done to learn the correct way in the first place,
Midge.

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#4 11-05-04 07:46:41

DAVE-ADI

If you aren't totally happy and convinced you should try another instructor, asking specifically for an assessment lesson.  Be honest and tell them you are driving your own car, but want to know exactly what standard you are at.   
Tell them you have had one opinion, but would like another, but don't say who you have been with or what the other instructor said.

Ask your friends to recommend an instructor rather than just plucking one from the adverts.

#5 11-05-04 13:45:01

Michaela7
Website

HI,

An assessment lesson with a different Instructor is a good idea. That way you will get a second opinion. It may be that you do need 25 hours or perhaps you need a little less but at least if you've tried another ADI you will have a better idea of just how many lessons you are likely to need. Hope you get things sorted out.

Friendly, female Instructor! smile

Arrow School of Motoring

Car+small+picture.jpg

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 11-05-04 21:34:00

DrivingAmbition
Verified Member
Website

keslo66 wrote:

hi there.
         my instructor has told me that i will need about 25 hours to get to test standard. i find this abit much as i have been learning to drive with my dad for a while and only took the lessons to touch up the finer points of driving which i would get failed for. i am using county countries. has anyone used them? if so, what did you think of them? id be greatfull for your opinion about this
thanks alot
steoh xx

I am not familiar with the Driving School you are using.  Perhaps the instructor feels you need more in depth tuition and practice. It may not just be a case of "touching up the finer points" but going back and re-teaching junction approaches or manouvres ?

I agree that if in doubt get another opinion, but be prepared, the opinion might be the same.

www.drivingambition.info
Brackley, Northamptonshire.
off Road for under 17's
driving%20ambition%20logo.gif

menu_badges.gif

#7 12-05-04 08:13:42

keslo66

thanx all for your help. i have been considering another instructor so i may try an assessment  and see what they think. thanks again
steph xx

#8 12-05-04 13:43:52

TDC
Verified Member

maybe your dad didnt teach you properly  have you considered that option???? yes you may be driving round ok but not to test standard,  a lot has  changed since your dad learned to drive and this is probably why you need 25 hours.  a cetain (high) standard is required to pass the test and private practice alone wont normally get you anywhere near it

Im so good its unbelievable

Board footer