You are not logged in.

#1 23-07-05 21:49:33

Hopton
Verified Member

Check Test

Hi Having been on a Pink and getting my Green in Jan 05 i have given my notice in on a local franchise and am moving to another area and going solo.

Am i mad?, sorry lets get back to the the real question i know the answer to the first qustion.

New area, New house, need pups urgently how?

How do check tests work?

Any constructive help welcome.

Driving me Crazy, and thats just the wife !

23-07-05 21:49:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Test

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 24-07-05 13:53:07

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Hopton,

Well done on going green!

You'll have realised by now that pupils don't grow on trees. You have to work hard to get them and a new area is gonna be tough!

You need a name for your school that people can remember, a car that looks good, a phone number people can find and an incentive for them to call you.

Schools are out til September, but they can be a good source if you know how to incentivise headmasters.

You could try newspapers, leaflet drops, newsagents but these all tend to be fairly low returns on your investment of time and money.

You could get a web site up and running in days, but it can take months and months before anyone finds it.

You may be lucky and have a Yellow Pages due out soon, but the deadlines for November publications are in July, so theres another time lag.

Basically, unless you have exceptional marketing skills your'e in for a hard time for about 3 months.

Let me know how things develop.

Regards,

#3 24-07-05 18:53:44

Hopton
Verified Member

Hi Big Red,
               I have a name all the locals should know its a main village in the area.

'I am the only ADI in the village'

My car is a Toyota Yaris i think it looks good also ive got a Uni art and design studient who has done a great

logo for me and is working on the web site.

Free Telephone Number 0800
Free Training Book
Free Frist Lesson
and mid range price for the area.

As for leaflets ive got  10,000 printed and my son+friend /wife/daughter and my self to deliver them during the next few months, the local pub carrys ads for local firms and delivers them to the local area every month for a small fee.

Sixth form colleges and newsagents are on my list.
I also have a list of youngsters that are having birthdays over the summer and up to christmas.

It will cost me £45 in stamps but i hope it's worth it.

Regards

#4 24-07-05 19:11:27

bigred
Verified Member
Website

It's good to see someone who actually has a plan!

How big is the village? Who have the teenagers been using over the last year or so? Knowing your market and your competitors is also invaluable when stting out on your own.

We also have lists of people turning 17, we use our existing pupils to collect this info and have a reasonable (7%) take up from the letters we send out. Where do you get yours from?

The free first lesson can work well, but be careful you can be ripped off by a lot of students just to get one lesson. See how it goes, but if your gonna give it free make it the most spectacular/memorable lesson they ever have and they'll be back with all their friends!

Regards,

#5 24-07-05 19:31:44

Hopton
Verified Member

Hi Well thanks for the info about letters, the village has about 2,000 houses and of that 200 odd are new build and i found that most are young familys but some have 15/16 year olds good for next year perhaps.

I have had a few calls from clients who are with a different firm and are only getting 40 min lessons for the same price as i am giving one hour for thats 50% extra per hour!

I have a very positive responce so far from the locals in the village as they wish to support the village company's.

Board footer