You are not logged in.

#1 23-07-05 09:19:40

Lisajb21

Advice on a pink much appreciated

Hi..can anyone tell me if there are any statistics regarding the pass rate for part 3,for pdi's who have gone to a pink prior to taking the actaul part 3 exam ? Also would love to hear of your experiences if you are or have been on a pink...am seriously thinking about doing it..many thanks

23-07-05 09:19:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Advice on a pink much appreciated

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 23-07-05 19:41:38

Crane
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

found this site from the Departm. for Transport

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d … 04595.hcsp

Check under Chapter 7 (7.2.7) = difference between beeing on pink licence or not.  More interesting stuff further down. smile

I'm sure you can do it,too!

#3 23-07-05 21:51:58

dashdriving.com
Website

Hi,

DSA are looking very seriously at scraping the pink. They have been for a while now. It's on the cards and I personally believe that the days of the pink are numbered.

The figures have always, to my knowledge, shown that those on a pink have absolutely no better chance of passing part 3 than those who don't.

The other worry for the DSA is that learner pass rates for those with instructors on a pink are significantly lower than for those with qualified instructors. Yet most of those learners had no idea that their instructor wasn't qualified.

The big resistance to getting rid of the scheme, despite all this, is from the big companies who have people on pink's paying them thousands of pounds in franchise fees.

Mmmm . .  .

I wonder why that could be?

Or am I just cynical?

Before anyone asks . . . NO!! I don't have any trainees on a pink. No need for it . . . go straight for green.

regards,

Dave Hartley
ADI Trainer for Dash driving

www.dashdriving.com

you never do anything wrong,
you just find new ways of not doing it right.

#4 24-07-05 15:13:57

luchell

i have found my confidence on a pink. but then again i used it how it supposed to be used. for gaining experience. if i had had a trainer like dash i could have gone straight for my green and would rather have done so. but my training was some what lacking so the pink route for me im afraid lol

#5 24-07-05 16:02:41

Rookie
Website

Pass rates are higher from Greens but is that cos there are more Greens than Pinks anyway?

Pink has helped me and although my pups pass from scratch I am NOT confident at passing the dreaded P3!  but i have would be even less confident at passing if I had NOT been on the Pink!

If you have another job then stick with it, If you have not anoth job, then wht u waiting for get? on the Pink!  tongue

"Look at the whole picture before you judge". "Judge oneself before you judge the Judger"..... The Rookster.Nov 05

#6 24-07-05 16:05:41

Rookie
Website

It is still strange how many pups pass with Pinkies and get referals BUT hey still can't pass the P3? Are they still good at their job or rubbish? Rubbish still i guess. I am, at mo, cos keep failing my mocks! Until i pass my mock 3, I am not taking any P3.

"Look at the whole picture before you judge". "Judge oneself before you judge the Judger"..... The Rookster.Nov 05

Board footer