You are not logged in.

#1 21-07-05 13:28:41

Morgan
Verified Member

IAM whist still doing pt 2

Just booked my 2nd attempt at pt 2, earliest I could get at any centre in the area was 6th September.

Do you think it would be detremental to start on the IAM training before passing pt2

21-07-05 13:28:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: IAM whist still doing pt 2

#2 21-07-05 15:52:59

ExAdiNigel

I don't think so, but others will do.  Really does depend on you.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#3 21-07-05 21:51:01

luchell

you know me nigel...... lol

DONT DO IT!! it would have confused me too much as iam users roadcraft not mspsl not that theyre hugely different. stick to the diamond advanced test. just concentrate on part two.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 21-07-05 22:05:20

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

My experience of IAM observers was not favourable - I would say NO because they will tell you to not signal at times the SE will expect a signal.

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#5 21-07-05 22:14:53

Lynne
Verified Member

Yep, get part 2 out of the way first.  You need it firmly engrained before starting Roadcraft-type driving.

Lynne

#6 22-07-05 07:19:12

Morgan
Verified Member

Thanks for the replies

You seem to confirm what I was thinking, in that it may cause me to get into habits not acceptable to the DSA.

Luchell - I passed my DIAmond 4 days before failing my pt 2 1st attempt. Looking back I think the only difference and the reason I failed was 1 circumstances, which probably would never happen again, so now knowing how to deal with it (What SE is looking for) feeling pretty confident that 2nd attempt will be fine.  Just need to do the extra work on the other 4 minors.

#7 22-07-05 07:42:15

luchell

i read your post on the diamond well done for going the extra mile. you'll walk part two this time. whens your next go lol

#8 22-07-05 14:06:35

Morgan
Verified Member

The earliest I could get was 6th September at Maidstone. 1st attempt was in Gravesend.

I live in North Kent, but checked all the centres in Kent but they were all into October, even the South London ones.

#9 27-07-05 20:49:39

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

100% No ! dont do it, wait till you passed part 2.

#10 01-12-05 16:51:47

Jayne-D

I did IAM on my way to part 2. I found them to be excellent and it gave me lots of confidence. Passed first go.

Jayne

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 04-12-05 07:31:53

Gizmotime
Administrator

Jayne-D wrote:

I did IAM on my way to part 2. I found them to be excellent and it gave me lots of confidence. Passed first go.

Hi Jayne,

Thanks for your input, glad you found it excellent wink I think it's up to each individual at the end of the day.

Giz

#12 08-12-05 20:41:52

jeff cox
Verified Member

i have first hand knowledge that S E 's do not take kindly to pdi's showing iam skills on a part 2 test. there reason is you would not teach iam skills to a learner so dont show it on pt2 test. jc wink  wink

Board footer