You are not logged in.

#1 19-07-05 18:52:29

skip qualify
Verified Member

seat belt on manouvres

hi all

what is the current thinking on seat belts on manouvres ??

its ok to take it off when going backwards, but needs to be put back on when going forwards ??

or does it ???

my tutor mentioned something about leaving it off the whole time the manouvre is being practised........ ie moving forward for 2nd and 3rd attempt

can anyone clarify ??

thanks  big_smile

19-07-05 18:52:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: seat belt on manouvres

#2 19-07-05 19:33:28

Mmm

If i remember part1 theory correctly its for the whole of any manoeuvre that involves reversing. Presumably tho you should put it back on when pulling off from the right at the end of a r-reverse or TIR in "real" life when you are going to drive on.

#3 19-07-05 23:18:32

Shrek
Verified Member

Hi guys,
try not taking it off altogether but rather just dropping it off the shoulder and under the armpit for the manoeuvre instead... this also helps to remind the pupil to put it back afterwards.   smile
It will have to be put back in place for any forward-moving part of a manoeuvre though.
Cheers,
Shrek.

Carry on Donkey -  you're going the right way for a smacked bottom!

#4 20-07-05 08:01:34

luchell

i have an inherited pup who on test popped her seatbelt under her shoulder for the titr. my face as she drove off with it still there must have been a picture. the de pulled at his twice then she quickly ducked under it and didnt get anything said. im just glad my lot dont do that. ive not had anyone need to take their seatbelt off for better visibility. if they wish to their choice but i dont encourage it after that. all have tried without and say it doesnt feel right. anyone else think it feels weird without a seatbelt?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 20-07-05 08:26:01

skip qualify
Verified Member

I know what you mean... I feel sort of naked without it on   :oops:

However some people with "the larger frame" dont seem to be able to look around enough without removing it. The inertia reel should allow it but some "big boned" people I have seen... could run out of reel.  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

I prefer the pupil to leave the belt on at all times

#6 20-07-05 12:50:30

mags
Verified Member

Me to smile  i tell them that they can take it off if they wish but i would prefer for them to keep it on, then there will be no mistakes remembereing to put it back on once man is finished.
to me its just one less thing to worry about

#7 20-07-05 13:28:55

Django

Always tell them they may remove it for the purpose of the exercise BUT then explain the dangers of then forgetting to put it back on again. You will find they will be more concerned about failing their test than any safety aspects :shock: .

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 20-07-05 16:54:02

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

skip qualify wrote:

I know what you mean... I feel sort of naked without it on   :oops:

However some people with "the larger frame" dont seem to be able to look around enough without removing it. The inertia reel should allow it but some "big boned" people I have seen... could run out of reel.  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

I prefer the pupil to leave the belt on at all times

personally i am not that skinny (above average on size and weight stakes) and still maange to keep it on. as has been said personally i don't feel right without it on and wouldn't want to forget about it either. i can still move fine lol

Gemma
1st practical - 29/07/2005 4s 9m   2nd practical - 17/08/2005 1s 10m
3rd Practical - 8/09/2005 3s 6m  4th Practical - 12/10/2005 4 minor!!!
Pass Plus - Completed 4th Dec  Drives R reg Fiesta Chicane 2005-2009
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.
Now got my ZoomZoom 60 Mazda2 Sport.

Board footer