You are not logged in.

#1 27-06-05 09:46:03

skip qualify
Verified Member

Think before you Pink ??

Hi

I am aware that PDI's are not highly thought of by some....but... I am just about to to go out on a pink and as I want to do this as well as I can for the pupils ( and pass the ferlippin' Part 3 ) has anyone got any advice to stop me falling into the usual traps / mistakes when I venture onto the battlefield ????

thanks   big_smile   big_smile   big_smile

27-06-05 09:46:03

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Think before you Pink ??

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 27-06-05 10:14:13

Target
Verified Member
Website

I never went on a pink but completed an extra 40 hours on top of the 40 i was given by TIC before qualify.

I know how i felt after completing the initial training let alone how lost i was on my first lesson as a green badge.

Think the bottom line is. Use it for training and not earning a living. Make sure your getting the support from your sponsor and assess every lesson you take.

Try not to move to far away from the PST's. Use phase 1 & 2 as your benchmark. This is where i think alot of Pdi's go astray. Pst are different to the real world, that not to say you cannot teach in the real world by using PSt's.

Perhaps consider using a dictaphone and recording the lessons. You may have to just mention this to the pupil.

Give yourself plenty of time between lessons to prepare for the next.

I think 4 hours per day is adequate for a trainee.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#3 27-06-05 10:47:30

Carl

I didn't go for a pink either, even though I was unemployed at the time. I used to time to work hard at my training, but even then passed part 3 on the second attempt.

I feel that the problem with the trainee licence is that some instructors use it to earn a living rather than a training tool. I've heard countless tales from instructors who either fail after 3 attempts of part 3 or just run out of time, just because they spend too much time working and not enough time training.

The best way is to limit your working hours if using a trainee licence, to say 20 per week.

Carl

#4 27-06-05 11:57:35

Craigl

I went down the Pink route and found it quite useful personally.  I only work part-time (approx 10 hours a week) as I fitted it around a full-time job.  Like the previous comments, all I can say is try and teach in the form of the PST's.  It doesn't have to be the two exact PST phases back to back, but make sure that you only spend 30 mins on a specific topic before moving on the the next one.  Really really make sure you do a Recap, Aim and Objective at the start, then the main points and a Recap at the end.  If you can get in to a habit of doing this now you should also do it when it comes to the exam. 

I trained with BSM but found that the in-car training was not sufficient.  Therefore, I approached another ORDIT instructor independantly for additional training.  Although v expensive it got me through the test. 

Hope that helps.

#5 27-06-05 21:44:25

Hale
Verified Member
Website

Very good advice from AAInstructor1. In addition trust your instincts with the training, if you dont feel like your making progress, its more than likely that and not you! I spent 12 months on two pinks. The first 6 months was spent thinking, I dont feel ready for the Part 3. Low and behold I wasnt, I got a 3 3. Changed trainer and passed, another 6 months later mind. But it took that to build my confidence again.
wink

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

#6 19-07-05 07:49:53

luchell

i know im replying to this thread late. but ive just be told by bsm i will be breaking my contract if i seek extra training from anyone else. im furious at this as tyhis was not a point that was bought up to me. i dont recall reading anything! to top it off we have our own training department. manager tells me i can poay for some training with one of their adis who used to be a trainer but cant stand the way they are doing it now. surely thats the same thing! hes self employed and does not belong to the training part of bsm. not a happy bunny. when i wanted extra part two training to make sure trainer did not say it was not legal just that it might confuse me. whose telling the truth i wonder :shock:

#7 19-07-05 08:03:37

DAVE-ADI

Have you read the contract thoroughly before you signed?   If not, take another look throught it. 

Do you need to tell anyone you are getting extra training anyway?  I know a couple of BSM trainees who are taking extra training, on the quiet, because they are not happy.

#8 19-07-05 08:07:52

luchell

im thinking of doing it anyhow. nothing i read said about it. and i read it thouroughly. i think theyre talking rubbish but i could be wrong. im not taking extra part three training with some guy who reckons he left the training department cos it was rubbish. trainers tell me he was rubbish thats why they sacked him! :shock:

did i really need to know asll that and someones lying out of the two of them. i dont need to be involved in such rubbish, i just want to pass part three. im looking to sort some training out before my mock 1.805 but i might be a bit too late now. first attempt is 18.8 want to do it before then. if i dont perform great at the mock theyll cancel my part three anyhow. im not sure what result we have to get. we pick the pst we hate the most and type of pupil. im not so sure thats a true mock. i could pick the one i like the most. (i havent got one really theyre all ok) i dont even know which sort of pupil to pick! cant they just throw something at me on the day. theyve only just started doing mocks apparently for part three. we'll see.

#9 19-07-05 08:35:30

Badger

Your post is a bit difficult to follow but I understand you to say that you want to take some extra tuition with someone who used to be a trainer with BSM.

Its sour grapes on their part trying to prevent him from working with you.

If you need the extra tuition because in your view the BSM product is falling short then you have every right to get whatever extra you need from wherever you can get it.

If BSM whinge then threaten them with trading standards.

Either way I would just get on with it quietly

Just my view you understand.

Badger

#10 19-07-05 23:01:42

luchell

i will do just that i think. go and do it if i can. i dont want to go with the ex bsm trainer due to the training staff saying he was rubbish they sacked him. the ex trainer tells me he didnt agree with the training supplied so he left.(hes still a bsm instructor for l pupils)  thats what i mean by someones telling porkies. i asked neither of them. i didnt want toe know but for some reason since the start of my training that instructor and the training part have been at each others necks.

thats why id rather not pay more bsm staff to help. i want some proper great quality tuition. which hopefully ill be able to sort out soon.

i dont know if bsm can do anything about it or not, but i wont be mentioning it.

Board footer