You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 07-05-04 02:22:21

minimodz
Verified Member

What should I do?

I'm currently on my ADI part 2...
my insurance on my car runs out at the end of the month. My current car isn't going to be suitable for instructing (Skoda Octavia RS - thirsty and group 17 insurance).So the big questions are:
[list]Do I buy my new car now in anticipation of eventually passing my part 3 and becoming a fully fledged instructor or wait 'til I'm qualified :?: [/list:u][list]If I go for a new car should I get a brand new one or second hand :?: As regards to what car to go for, I've decided on either a second hand Fabia 1.9 TDI (ins grp 6) or a new Fabia 1.9 RS (diesel for thouse of you who dont know) (ins grp 9) or a Citroen C2 1.4 HDi (ins grp3).[/list:u][list]Should I go for a ADI type insurance policy at the end of the month or just renew it as normal and then ammend/change once I qualify :?: [/list:u][list]Just to confuse the above point, my existing policy runs out at the end of the month - I'll be 25 in the middle of June, so should I wait til then before changing it over as they say the cost drops when you get to 25 :?:  (got full ncb's and a clean licence)[/list:u]
So many decisions!  :?  :!:

any help/advice would be greatly appriciated!

Matt

07-05-04 02:22:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: What should I do?

#2 07-05-04 06:55:06

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Matt,

If you're not sure about buying and don't want to lock into a long lease then you could hire one of my spare cars. At the moment I've got 3 Fiestas - 1.4 LX, '53' Reg, sitting around looking rather bored with not being used sad

£99 per week all in, open contract with one months notice.

If I can help let me know.

Regards,

#3 08-05-04 17:43:33

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Thats a good offer !!

#4 08-05-04 18:23:43

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Too right it is! and better terms and conditions than any other hire company as well.

Any takers?

#5 09-05-04 22:30:15

rachdrive
Website

Hi

I went to Robinsons in Leicester for my first car. I took a seven month lease and it was reasonable. £ 373 for peugeot 206. weigh up the pro's and con's.

7 months will proberly serve you well, without you getting bankupt!!!

Good offer from bigred if you are local.

All the best
Rach  8)

Driving is for life.........Not just for xmas!!!!!

www.boydsdrivertraining.co.uk

#6 10-05-04 00:45:32

jonks

I take it thats £373 per month, not £373 for 7 months

#7 10-05-04 06:15:42

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

Duh! :?  of course £373 is per month.

Did that include insurance and what sort of mileage allowance did it include?

I know the folk from Robinsons, they're a great bunch and I got several cars from them over the years. Still use them occasionally.

The 7 months might not sond too long but I had 1 car I needed to return after 3 and it cost me dear :cry:

Regards,

#8 10-05-04 17:38:26

Liesa

As far as I'm aware, the hire charge from Robinson's, doesn't include insurance.

#9 10-05-04 18:19:57

rachdrive
Website

HI Liesa,

Actually that price was all in, insurance the lot!!!

Only down side is getting to Leicester to collect and then if you don't renew or buy from them, return the car!!!

Rach  8)

Driving is for life.........Not just for xmas!!!!!

www.boydsdrivertraining.co.uk

#10 10-05-04 18:23:28

bigred
Verified Member
Website

For £50 I'll even deliver the cars myself!

Regards,

#11 10-05-04 18:25:10

minimodz
Verified Member

I sense a bit of haggling going on here!!!!

#12 10-05-04 18:27:32

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Perhaps so - but I hate idle cars they cost me too much!

Besides I enjoy a good run up country some days.

Regards,

#13 10-05-04 18:29:23

minimodz
Verified Member

I've now worked out exactly which car I'm going to go for - Polo 1.4TDi

Just not sure if its going to be sooner or later!!!!
tongue

#14 10-05-04 18:31:49

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Matt,

Don't let a nice shiney car distract you from passing that part 3 exam!

Regards,

#15 10-05-04 18:35:19

minimodz
Verified Member

need a smaller, cheaper to run car anyway!!
my Skoda's al very nice, but group17 insurance, and 30mpg, higher tax band, etc all adds up  sad

Board footer