You are not logged in.

#1 29-08-17 10:36:19

ADIAlex

Israeli licence holder

Hi all, can I just check this before I tell my pupil please. I have a pupil who holds a full Israeli licence and has been resident here for over a year. She has a uk provisional licence and is studying for her theory. Am I right in thinking that she CAN NOT drive here on her foreign licence while she is waiting to pass the uk test as she has been here for over a year. This subject always gets me.
Thanks in advance. Alex

My other car is a mini

29-08-17 10:36:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Israeli licence holder

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 29-08-17 19:23:21

Pjc

Hi Alex

I would not provide the advice.

I would refer her to this website:  https://www.gov.uk/driving-nongb-licence

What your client choses to do is a matter for her. If she contravenes the law of this land there may well be consequences.

Good luck

#3 29-08-17 22:14:55

Mentor
Verified Member

You are correct. After a period of 12 months residency you cannot drive legally on an Israeli licence.

#4 05-09-17 15:30:25

ADIAlex

Thanks for that, just wanted it confirmed.
Alex

My other car is a mini

Board footer