You are not logged in.

#1 05-08-17 12:42:20

richie1966
Verified Member

Supervising driver in labour

FLH is taking out her husband for driving lessons/experience. She is heavily pregnant. When she goes into labour can she still act as supervising driver and let her husband drive her to hospital?

05-08-17 12:42:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Supervising driver in labour

#2 05-08-17 16:42:46

Pjc

If the pregnant wife is qualified and able to supervise effectively I cannot see the law has much to say about the situation.

But the practicalities of the proposal are both humorous and frightening. What happens when they reach the hospital? Does wifey have to walk from the car park or is the car abandoned at the entrance?

Is this a serious question or is someone doing some leg pulling?

#3 05-08-17 18:13:03

reddragonbus
Verified Member

Yes.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#4 05-08-17 19:06:12

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

If you're supervising a driver in labour, the 'push' part is more important than 'pull/push'  lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 05-08-17 19:51:20

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Depends on her physical capacity.
She has to be able to intervene and take control if the situation requires it.
I would suggest it is not a good idea.
An unqualified driver, driving in a highly stressed situation, with a supervisor who is potentially in pain that renders her unable to assist.
I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

#6 06-08-17 20:31:26

richie1966
Verified Member

Guys, thank you for the helpful comments and, YES, this is a serious question: I have been asked this by one of my pupils. I suggested that while still legal to supervise it would not be sensible to get hubby to drive to hospital. I was asked and will give my considered opinion to the wife but it is up to her to decide what she wants to do. I was just trying to clarify the legal position.

Board footer