You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 02-08-17 00:51:14

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Crime, and errors of judgement

CRIME

Youth crime is rampant here in Darwin and especially so in nearby Palmerston which has a lot of low-income and welfare people.
The system is exacerbated by the "soft on crime" NT Labour Government and the Aust. Federal Government funded ABC (Australian Broadcast Commission) which leans so far to the left, it has toppled into the sewer.

I actually have a soft spot for politicians on both sides down here (there's loose soil down near the mangroves where a digging machine could get down to six feet in no time at all).

Recently the ABC did a TV story on mistreatment of inmates in Darwin's youth detention centre - but they made a hero of one inmate called Dylan.
This sweet young man let it go to his head and announced that now he's free he's going to run for mayor or parliament as a "voice for young people" (he was talked out of but unyway he and his nasty mother are both going back to court soon).

A youth detention centre inmate called Dylan was photographed in the newspaper tied to a chair wearing a "spit hood" (the paper also published a "hit-list" of people he wanted to kill when he got out, it included guards and some of his fellow inmates).
The ABC did a very one-sided TV story on this t*rd and made a hero of him - Dylan is currently free and wants to run for mayor or parliament so he can be "the voice of young people" - he's since been talked out of it and anyway, he and his nasty mother are going to court soon for throwing paint on a public building.

Youth crime is already bad here with window smashing, throwing rocks at cars, breaking and entering, car theft, violence - but it has increased noticeably.
No doubt the little criminals think their chances of getting away with it are even better now (and they're probably right).

Last edited by Zipper (02-08-17 01:06:12)

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

02-08-17 00:51:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Crime, and errors of judgement

#2 02-08-17 00:58:38

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Re: Crime, and errors of judgement

ERRORS OF JUDGEMENT

I made a couple of errors of judgement - and paid for it.
I left my car unattended in a carpark on Sunday afternoon while giving a driving test.
The candidate's instructor (my friend Connie) normally sits on a folding chair under trees but as the test was in the candidate's car not hers, she drove off.
It hadn't occurred to me to ask her to stay behind, and being a lovely lady she would have if asked.

We did a reverse park behind Connie's car, and while we followed her out of the carpark I noticed two teenagers sitting down watching us; because they looked suspicious I directed the candidate to go back to my car so I could check the doors were locked.

When we got back after the test we found that the 2 left side windows had been smashed, luckily there was no cash in the car but I lost a vinyl zip case with my training aids in it, including model Matchbox cars which are hard to replace, AND MY FIDGET SPINNER (actually I won't miss the useless spinner).
The cost of replacing the glass is less than my insurance excess so I have to foot the bill in full.

My two judgement errors:

1. Leaving my car unattended in that particular carpark; it was the first time I've done it and it was a really stupid thing to do, but too late now.

2. I forgot about the mandatory test camera which was running, I should have directed the candidate to position the car to get clear shots. As it happened I did get a brief shot of one of them but the Police said it wasn't clear enough to identify him. (The teenagers, as usual were indigenous or part-indigenous in appearance but I have to be careful saying that or I'm an evil racist)

I gave Police the number of another instructor who prior to us arriving had been physically hassled by 2 teenagers (banging on the hood) and said he was happy to give evidence, so I hope the Police called him.

So I've learned ...
... to be more careful of the security of my car (I won't expect elderly Connie to keep an eye on my car alone inless in a busy shopping centre carpark or similar)
... to use cameras to their best advantage. I'm reluctant to use my phone came (fiddling with it with a student behind the wheel isn't a good idea) and my test camera is unwieldy to set up (I often change cars several times a day), so I will invest in an  GoPro which would be easier to set up - can anyone advise me which GoPro models are good?

Last edited by Zipper (02-08-17 01:02:44)

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer