You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 19-07-17 07:02:26

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Card payment charges.

Be aware, that if you take payments by card and charge extra for doing so. Such a practice will be banned from next year.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40648641

19-07-17 07:02:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Card payment charges.

#2 19-07-17 18:40:15

reddragonbus
Verified Member

Being charged to receive money is a complete scam.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#3 19-07-17 19:43:47

Pjc

It is my understanding that the new rules are aimed at the likes of Easyjet who don't tell you about the surcharge until you reach the payment page.

There is nothing to stop any supplier of good or services from giving a discount to the customer who pays in a manner (e.g. cash) that does not incur an additional charge to the supplier.

#4 19-07-17 20:30:17

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
The logic of  Pjc's post is that you will in future be able to quote a price of £xx and then give a yy% discount for cash.
That could make for an interesting court case.

Who's going to be first to test it?

#5 19-07-17 20:58:36

kaf
Verified Member
Website

PJC, a cash discount will not be permitted.
All charges have to be the same, whatever payment method is chosen.
You can't circumvent it in the way you suggest.

#6 20-07-17 16:40:41

Pjc

Naturally I bow to superior knowledge, but I have read every piece of information I can find on the subject and I can't find anything which prohibits me from giving a discount for customers who opt for paying in cash.

Everything I have read has emphasised that this measure is intended to deliver greater transparency to the consumer. The aim is to ensure that the advertised or quoted price of a product or service is the price that must be charged but that is not to say that a discount cannot be offered.

There is one newspaper article that predicts the surcharge will survive and the companies concerned will simply change the name and claim the supplement is for something else. Anyone who has flown with Ryanair might consider this quite plausible.

If anyone can point me in the direction of any information that disproves my take on this matter I would be really grateful.

Board footer