You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 06-03-17 20:34:09

CantThinkofaName
Verified Member

Colourfile 3 vs Teach Driving in 3d?

I'm looking to replace my existing lesson planner but not sure which to go for. When I first started I had Colourfile Professional which fell apart quickly so went to Smart Driving one which has lasted well but need something bit more up to date and modern.

Anyone any opinions?

DKL Driving School Belfast www.drivinglessonsbelfast.co.uk

06-03-17 20:34:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Colourfile 3 vs Teach Driving in 3d?

#2 08-03-17 11:43:30

Joe24
Verified Member

I use an iPad these days. Use an app called "road board" most of the time. Quite a few useful apps out there for ADI's.
I still have a folder with all my old lesson plans in and stuff I used to use but rarely use it. It's there for back up if the iPad goes down.

#3 17-03-17 09:35:44

CantThinkofaName
Verified Member

I am very keen on technology and even started coding my own Android App a couple of years ago but never finished it as I still prefer a physical lesson planner. Having said that the main reason was the small screen, even with the 10.1 inch screen I felt too small. Yesterday I was looking at the iPad Pro with the 12 inch screen but the cost is silly. What screen size are you using on the iPad?

DKL Driving School Belfast www.drivinglessonsbelfast.co.uk

#4 17-03-17 13:09:27

Joe24
Verified Member

10 inch. Works fine. I can easily access maps/ HP clips/ theory questions. I can email "handouts" TM/SM questions etc all from the iPad.  I can access google maps/ street view to help with certain road layouts/junctions etc. I can screen shot certain things so that if I'm not in WIFI I can still access them. I can show them the theory booking site so they don't get ripped off. I can mark a mock test using the iPad. No longer need mock marking pads.

So much easier than having files and folders.

#5 17-03-17 21:23:36

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
I hope you are parked up with the engine stopped and the key out while you are doing that.

#6 18-03-17 08:42:00

Joe24
Verified Member

Every time....... modern technology is the future. smile Don't be scared of it. Move with the times or get left behind.

#7 20-03-17 12:33:06

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi Joe
Question that was prompted by the Key out issue.
How do you comply with that if you have a proximity key, ie one where you just need it to be in or even near the car for the Start button to be live?

Also i wonder how many people are aware that a stop/start system doeesn't comply with the phone laws?

#8 28-03-17 15:24:42

richie1966
Verified Member

Hi all.
Pegasus.... can you expand on your comment....."Also i wonder how many people are aware that a stop/start system doesn't comply with the phone laws?"
We all need to understand this so we can give our pupils correct information......Thanks

#9 29-03-17 09:50:44

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
If you just stop the car and the pupil merely applies the handbrake and moves the gear selector to neutral, in some autos and possibly even some manuals  you don't even need to do that; just holding on the footbrake can activate the  stop/start.
The car can not be said to be parked in such circumstance so use of the mobile commujnication device is still happening when the car is being controlled by the driver.  Actual movement of the vehicle is not necessary to prove the offence.

The comment about the proximity key was prompted by someone commenting at a meeting that it is better/safer from accusation, to remove the key and put it on the dash top to demonstrate that you are definitely parked with the engine off.

#10 30-03-17 15:22:08

richie1966
Verified Member

Cheers Pegasus

Board footer