You are not logged in.

#1 18-03-17 09:59:16

Rob_Evans88

Crash course a good option?

Hi everyone.

I have booked myself onto a 4 day shared crash course next month. Basically because I don't want to return to weekly lessons having had several in the last few years (stopping & starting a few times) and sometimes lacking the full motivation required. I am now 29 soon & I need my license now more than ever.

I passed the theory last year but have not driven since June, now I booked onto the intensive course seeing it as maybe a quicker nudge in a few days onto the test.

Would like a heads up from anyone who has been on a crash course in the past etc.

Cheers

Rob

18-03-17 09:59:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Crash course a good option?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-03-17 16:04:49

kaf
Verified Member
Website

They very much depend on the individual student.

Personally I don't like delivering them, I think it's very difficult to effectively cover all the aspects of driving in the restricted time frame. People may pass a test, but with massive holes in their knowledge leaving them unsafe.

But that just my view.

#3 18-03-17 16:19:00

Joe24
Verified Member

Exactly what Kaf said.

#4 18-03-17 20:46:09

sipin
Verified Member

In addition to the above, I found that most students who book an intensive course picked a course on the price rather than the time they need to achieve the goal.

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

#5 18-03-17 21:12:54

Mentor
Verified Member

I'm not against intensive courses. I don't like the term "crash course", has all the wrong connotations. I have only ever had 1 person fail on an intensive course, so they work if done properly. However, 4 days would be pushing it. The shortest course I offer for people with some driving experience is 8 days. 6 days at 3 hours a day, a day of rest and then test day with an hour beforehand. For complete beginners it's a minimum of 12 days with one days rest. I don't share the view that this leaves candidates any less prepared than someone doing a lesson a week for 6 months.
That said I don't have the time to do any intensive courses these days as the books are too full with people doing 1 or 2 lessons a week.

Good luck with your test Rob.

Board footer