You are not logged in.

#1 18-03-17 09:59:16

Rob_Evans88

Crash course a good option?

Hi everyone.

I have booked myself onto a 4 day shared crash course next month. Basically because I don't want to return to weekly lessons having had several in the last few years (stopping & starting a few times) and sometimes lacking the full motivation required. I am now 29 soon & I need my license now more than ever.

I passed the theory last year but have not driven since June, now I booked onto the intensive course seeing it as maybe a quicker nudge in a few days onto the test.

Would like a heads up from anyone who has been on a crash course in the past etc.

Cheers

Rob

18-03-17 09:59:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Crash course a good option?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-03-17 16:04:49

kaf
Verified Member
Website

They very much depend on the individual student.

Personally I don't like delivering them, I think it's very difficult to effectively cover all the aspects of driving in the restricted time frame. People may pass a test, but with massive holes in their knowledge leaving them unsafe.

But that just my view.

#3 18-03-17 16:19:00

Joe24
Verified Member

Exactly what Kaf said.

#4 18-03-17 20:46:09

sipin
Verified Member

In addition to the above, I found that most students who book an intensive course picked a course on the price rather than the time they need to achieve the goal.

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

#5 18-03-17 21:12:54

Mentor
Verified Member

I'm not against intensive courses. I don't like the term "crash course", has all the wrong connotations. I have only ever had 1 person fail on an intensive course, so they work if done properly. However, 4 days would be pushing it. The shortest course I offer for people with some driving experience is 8 days. 6 days at 3 hours a day, a day of rest and then test day with an hour beforehand. For complete beginners it's a minimum of 12 days with one days rest. I don't share the view that this leaves candidates any less prepared than someone doing a lesson a week for 6 months.
That said I don't have the time to do any intensive courses these days as the books are too full with people doing 1 or 2 lessons a week.

Good luck with your test Rob.

#6 09-10-17 11:04:30

drivingscout
Website

Crash Course is good option for people who believe they can retain the knowledge given in short amount of time and deliver the same immediately. This means you would not have time to overthink or do things at a slow pace. If you are a person who wants to get things done fast then it can be for you but if not then it is a bad idea. There are people who i know have passed after the 4 day course and people who have had problems coping with the course itself. It all depends on the persons basic nature.

#7 12-10-17 17:54:00

Mentor
Verified Member

The OP never came back to reveal the outcome of his "crash course". Pretty much a dead thread.

Board footer