You are not logged in.

#1 18-02-17 05:13:34

tealeafuk
Verified Member

minimum Learners

Hi I'm An driving instructor and I don't do my instructing all the time but over the years insurance company's have got more and more frosty with me because I don't do it full time. infect some won't insure me on the grounds I got no learners the company I'm with now said minimum of 5 and told them I'm not sure what I'm doing I might be doing some intensive courses. I'm a little worried now because at the moment I only got 2 learners and if anything happens would they be just as frosty? What's it all about?

18-02-17 05:13:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: minimum Learners

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-02-17 12:59:26

kaf
Verified Member
Website

I have no idea.
I insure with Instructor cover plus, through Watkin Davies.
They don't ask how many students I have, I paid £275 this year.

Suggest you find a sensible company.

#3 18-02-17 15:46:22

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Insurers don't base their policies on how many customers you have, but being part time/having another job will affect premiums.

#4 21-02-17 18:56:28

CantThinkofaName
Verified Member

Hi tealeafuk, how do they know how many learners you teach? In 10 years I have never been asked any such details, only if full time or part time. If you tell them part time that could mean anything. As kaf says, find a sensible company.

DKL Driving School Belfast www.drivinglessonsbelfast.co.uk

#5 22-02-17 01:00:47

tealeafuk
Verified Member

I'm finding this very surprising but I thank you for your input. They ask when getting details to quote me I tell them then I get aaa need a minimum of 10 a week.

Board footer