You are not logged in.

#1 16-07-05 08:36:44

tiger

had test on thursday and....

well on thursday I managed to PASS my driving test!  lol
it wasn't as nerve wrecking as I had originally thought and I can safely say the best policy is to remain calm, which I did for most of the test. I was actually really surprised at how 'calm' I was!
I concentrated 200% and kept my mind focused on everything i was asked to do and do it safely and correctly.
I clocked up 8 minor faults, and altough I've still passed I was raging when he marked me down 1 under 'emergency stop-control'
i will admit it wasn't the best emergency stop. I feel i cluthced much too early, but overall it was an average emergency stop.
I also had to reverse around a corner and do a 3 point turn, which I did fine  smile
my 45 minute test (went slightly over due to heavy traffic) flew in! I couldn't believe it when he was asking me to return to the test centre, the time had passed by so quickly, but I was glad as I was dying to know the outcome!
have been flat out driving, safely, the past 2 days in my partners laguna.
Would buy a car tomorrow no problem, it's just insurance for me here in Northern Ireland is just so expensive sad
if you have any questions about my test or anything please feel free to ask me, or about my other minor faults and I'll look at the sheet and let you know. otherwise i'm just waffling now as I'm so excited!!!
thanks for all the support and encouragement over the past few months.
LD

16-07-05 08:36:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: had test on thursday and....

#2 16-07-05 08:40:33

tiger

oh my god! and one obvious thing I'll have to sort out...my name!! smile

RD? (restricted driver)
N. Ireland only I'm aware

#3 16-07-05 08:41:21

luchell

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy the feeling. youre off on your own now so enjoy it and be safe lol

#4 16-07-05 08:45:05

tiger

Thank u smile
to be honest it felt so weird driving without hubby or my ADI yesterday.

I was too excited and slightly nervous to be honest when I first took the car out after I passed my test that I asked my sister to sit in with me while we went for a drive.
I don't know what it was. I am looking foward to driving alone and just the whole get up and go whenever i like aspect, but I thought the feeling of independance came instantly?
I suppose it will just take some getting used to?

#5 16-07-05 08:54:17

VandADI
Administrator

CONGRATULATIONS  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#6 16-07-05 12:03:46

maybeoneday

Congrats  X learner_driver big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

I have a sneaky feeling that admin/mods can change your username if you ask them nicely big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#7 16-07-05 15:58:08

becky4131

Congratulations!!!!

I felt exactly the same as you with regards to driving on my own-i was really nervous at first but i seem ok now. It feels so weird not having some1 there just incase u go wrong but i guess il get used to it.

Happy Driving!!

#8 16-07-05 16:41:50

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Learner_driver,
If you do want to change your username, send me a pm and I will change it for you....

#9 16-07-05 19:27:19

Willow

Many congratulations LD  smile

#10 16-07-05 22:33:52

luchell

the feeling of independence will come to you as you experience it. youve been wanting it for ever and now youve got it it takes a wee while to set in. you'll be a bit nervous at first but as you learn to trust your own abilities and judgement you'll love it. you know youve got what it takes as youve got your licence now.  lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#11 17-07-05 09:29:38

tiger

Thank you all very much for your congrats smile
really lovely of you all.

VandADI, I will PM you once i've though of a new username. thanks

#12 18-07-05 13:02:25

ashmaceyn

um, i have a question...why do you need to change your name, i mean, uve just passed ur test, so surely u have no reason to check back on the site for helpfull hints and stuff.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 18-07-05 14:09:37

Django

ashmaceyn wrote:

um, i have a question...why do you need to change your name, i mean, uve just passed ur test, so surely u have no reason to check back on the site for helpfull hints and stuff.

Maybe LD or indeed tigerwould like to pass on their experience to others who have yet to pass. They have taken lots of advice and encourgement and they may feel like put a little back in.

Also no one knows it all. Driving is a learning curve. Just because someone has passed their test it doesn't mean they won't find something new on the site that will improve their driving.

#14 18-07-05 18:47:03

sammie

Well Done big_smile  big_smile

Idid it smile if i can anyone can

#15 18-07-05 20:10:06

tiger

thanks Django, i'd be lost without this site, wether i've passed or not!

ashmaceyn please feel free to ask me anything regarding the practical driving test and I ill do my best to help you
no, i'm not an expert and admit that even though i've passed my test I still feel like a learner. i'm still learning every day out on my own.

tiger

#16 18-07-05 20:30:30

luchell

you can never know enough about driving. this place is full of everything you could possibly need whether youre a learner or not. its great that you'll be able to offer your experience of learning to drive and driving independently to others on here tiger lol

Board footer