You are not logged in.

#76 16-05-13 22:31:08

Terrier
Banned

Re: Learner Driving Centres (LDC)

I know what I've seen and I know it to be correct, please yourself whether believe it or not I'm past bothering arguing on this forum, everything that's posted is met by know it all's who know nothing. I've worked the whole of the UK delivering training and I know what goes on out there, you don't get that knowledge teaching learners around your home town, so I couldn't care less who responds to my post because they are wrong. roll  roll  roll  roll  roll

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

16-05-13 22:31:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#77 17-05-13 06:18:46

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Your arrogance is astounding!

You,know everything, nobody else has a valid point.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#78 17-05-13 07:46:21

MGM
Verified Member

Terrier wrote:
MGM wrote:
Terrier wrote:

Well that's what they may offer online but it's not what happens, I've witnessed it, so don't tell me I'm wrong. I speak from personal experience not rumours.

OK, you'll be right and I and every one of my fellow LDC instructors to whom I've ever spoken have been mistaken. wink

Do you work in the North of England? well I do and that's what happens, are you saying I'm telling lies? roll

I'm not saying you're telling lies: I'm prepared to accept that you are simply mistaken or deluded.

What I will say is that you are effectively accusing a reputable company, on a public forum, of false and misleading advertising. Unless you can substantiate that, you might well find yourself on the wrong end of a libel suit.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#79 17-05-13 15:44:04

Terrier
Banned

Blindspot wrote:
Terrier wrote:

..............so I couldn't care less who responds to my post because they are wrong.

Quote of the week. lol

Almost as good as the commander I worked with once who said  "I've made my decision don't confuse me with the facts!"

The difference was that the commander was joking.

Terriers' evidence' seems to be based on 3rd party coffee cup gossip.

BS

Wrong again! you people just keep jumping to conclusions and unlike your commander (and I've worked with a few) I do deal in facts tongue

#80 17-05-13 17:35:51

Terrier
Banned

kaf wrote:

I think you will find it's you that's arrogant because you can't accept anything anyone says unless you have proof in front of you, now that's arrogant, you can't stand the thought of somebody knowing something you don't. Petty and arrogant attitude who do you think you are man.

#81 17-05-13 17:38:28

Terrier
Banned

Blindspot wrote:
terrier wrote:

I do deal in facts

Ok then lets 'ave 'em

BS

I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else but I won't be called a liar by people who don't know me and have inferior experience to myself, so there's a fact do what you want with it. mad

#82 17-05-13 17:49:13

VandADI
Administrator

This thread should be about Instructor Training reviews.  Keep it real guys.  cool

#83 17-05-13 18:25:25

Roadmaster
Verified Member

This forum has been quiet lately. 
I've tried limiting most of my posts to the private section, where good discussions can take place without any of the nonsense on here, which may be why people are no longer posting.

Last edited by Roadmaster (17-05-13 18:28:25)

#84 17-05-13 19:03:40

MGM
Verified Member

kaf wrote:
Terrier wrote:
kaf wrote:

I think you will find it's you that's arrogant because you can't accept anything anyone says unless you have proof in front of you, now that's arrogant, you can't stand the thought of somebody knowing something you don't. Petty and arrogant attitude who do you think you are man.

If you find a mirror anywhere, take a look, with your dismissive attitude to others I am amazed you run a successful business.

There is nothing wrong with asking for evidence, what is wrong is stating something as fact and not being prepared to back it up.

Dont confuse opinion with fact.

Anyway I thought you were fed up arguing on here, I'll let you have the last word as you always seem to.

Vanda, sorry this has got personal but some people make it difficult to remain civil, I'm not one to walk away when challenged.

On this topic though I am out, shortly also the forum as a whole I expect.

A few individuals yet again are always spoiling for a fight. I've nearly had enough.

I'm with Kaf on that.

Consider this.

LDC are based in Yorkshire, and have their greatest market penetration in the North of England.

If Terrier is right, then their business plan is to discriminate against their local customers, which seems unlikely.

They would also have succeeded in getting Yorkshiremen to pay more than anyone else, which seems even more unlikely! (No racial slur intended wink )

#85 17-05-13 19:26:58

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I trained with LDC and found them very good, and helpful all the way.
I was on a pink licence for 9 months and passed my part 3 on the third attempt.

I stayed with them for 8 1/2 years as a franchisee and quite enjoyed being part of their company, and as i was the only LDC instructor in Shrewsbury for 7 of those years i got all the work that came through the office.
I decided to leave them in Dec 2011 as i felt that i didnt really need to be with them any longer and paying the 25/week franchise fee.
I still keep in touch with them and also a lot of the LDC instructors past and present.

I would and have recommended LDC to people who have asked about instructor training companies and will carry on doing so, as i felt they are very worthy of the recommendations.

I am also going to be going on one of their courses for the coaching / client based training / new check test.

#86 18-05-13 12:02:38

MGM
Verified Member

MGM wrote:
Terrier wrote:
MGM wrote:

OK, you'll be right and I and every one of my fellow LDC instructors to whom I've ever spoken have been mistaken. wink

Do you work in the North of England? well I do and that's what happens, are you saying I'm telling lies? roll

I'm not saying you're telling lies: I'm prepared to accept that you are simply mistaken or deluded.

What I will say is that you are effectively accusing a reputable company, on a public forum, of false and misleading advertising. Unless you can substantiate that, you might well find yourself on the wrong end of a libel suit.

Since I posted that over 24 hours ago, Terrier has failed to respond except with more bluster and personal attacks on other posters.

He has libelled LDC, and I take that personally, since as an LDC franchisee my business depends to some extent on the integrity of the brand.

If he is not prepared either to provide evidence or to admit he was wrong, then I would expect the mods to ban him in order to avoid the website being dragged into any dispute.

#87 20-05-13 13:57:39

silverback44
Website

I joined LDC in 2003,
I found the training to be excellent.
The training materials are first class.
I am now an ORDIT trainer with them.
Part 1 is home study
Part 2 is with one of our ORDIT trainers which will be local to you.
Part 3 is 40 hours 1-1 again with an LDC ORDIT trainer local to you.

From a personal point of view I wouldnt of stayed with a company that I didnt think delivered good quailty training, not just instructor training, but how we teach/coach learner drivers.
LDC are consantly reviewing how they train/coach their customers.
I have managed to improve my instructing by doing various cpd courses with them and as said before Im now an ORDIT trainer.
For a large company they do care which is something which drew me towards them when I was researching the industry when I first started.
I know this sounds like an advert for LDC, but having been with them ten years in september I couldnt of asked for better support.

Andy

DSA ADI car
ORDIT Instructor trainer
Edexcel Coaching, Mentoring & feedback (QCF)

#88 20-05-13 15:18:28

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Silverback, if you had been on the June 2003 induction you would have been on the same one as me

#89 03-06-13 08:51:58

LearnerDrivingCentres

Triplea35 wrote:
Terrier wrote:

30 hours is not enough for most people, you need to look for a company offering a minimum of 40 hours to stand any chance of reaching test standard

The username LearnerDriverCentres might like to confirm but their website advertises the package as including upto 71hours 1 to 1 in car tuition.

LDC is, I believe, one of the best National driving instructor training companies with excellent training materials and HQ support.

Might not like me saying so but they also allow people who buy a package but don't actually start training to sell the package on. ( I know someone who bought a package from RED but then started a new job in his old trade and it literally cost him thousands with no escape clause)

I bought my LDC package secondhand off Ebay and saved thousands!

Regarding what training LDC offer:
LDC currently provide a minimum of 50 hours 1-to-1 in-car training by a fully qualified DSA ORDIT trainer with additional hours should they fail an attempt at Part 2 or Part 3 up to a maximuim of 71 hours. The open learning element with over 20 hours of video is provided with support from the central training office, the local trainer and internet support forum. If the trainee subsequently decides to operated a franchised LDC driving school with car upon qualifying they receive cash back and discounts to the value of 1,500 pounds to help them get launched in the first few months. The current cash price of the course is 2,495 pounds.

Regarding how the franchise works:
The standard fee without car is 42 pounds per week (from 125 pounds with car) which includes a years supply of LD System workbooks, 10 DVDs and other marketing materials. The comment about LDC training those who join us to be self reliant on marketing and managing their own business is correct but a large proportion of leads come from LDC to the franchisees from our main website or the franchisees own website, Facebook or Google maps accounts we set up and manage for them. We also do customised advertising and promotions which are picked up by our own tele-sales operation but business generated in this way incurs a pupil generation fee based on the sum the pupil pays up front for lessons or courses. In addition the use of the LD System materials also provides a good source of referral work as do the car decals.

From this you will realise LDC is not the same as BSM, AA or Red we offer a franchise opportunity that is more like what you would expect a franchise to be where you can operate your own business and significantly benefit from doing more for yourself such that is becomes less attractive to leave. The more you do the less you pay. Some even effectly get the franchise for free because the profit generated from selling the LDC materials covers this basic franchise fee. It is why many stay several years with us before even considering going alone and indeed a number of those who do leave re-join because they miss the commradeship or continual professional development courses we offer.

Unlike Red, AA and BSM (i.e. the AA under a different name) we are not owned by some large financial group who are only interested in financial returns. LDC is privately owned by people who are passionate about doing the job well.

Incidentally the name of this thread is incorrect.

Last edited by LearnerDrivingCentres (03-06-13 09:15:58)

#90 19-07-13 15:48:02

raz38
Verified Member

Just to breath a little life into an ageing thread, I have just passed my Part3 test after training with LDC.

I started training with them in June, and found them helpful, nicely priced, the office staff were friendly, and the amount of information and study materials provided was amazing.

I passed my Part1 first time, a little long as it took 6 months but did relocate during that time, but got 98%.

My part two training was excellent, if you live in the northwest/cheshire area I would definately recommend LDC because the trainer for that area is excellent, very knowledgable, 16+ years experience, friendly, nothing is too much trouble. Seriously cannot say enough good things about him.

I passed my part 2 on my second attempt.  This was NOT down to lack of training.  I have 20+ years driving experience and on my first part2 I made a stupid error that caused the SE to almost dual me.  The error was me being a prat.  Second attempt I got 1 minor fault on the part where you are just following roadsigns, my mistake as I ended up stuck in the wrong lane when I should of known better.

After my part 2, LDC gave me 4-5 extra free hours training to keep me going until the next part2.

Part 3 test this week.  Passed first time, 4/4, so not the best mark, but a 4/4 is better than a 3/3.  I obviously can't comment about other areas/companies, but I couldn't of asked for better training from my instructor.

All in all, what they charged for the complete training package was what it cost, even with the failed part2.  All i paid extra was 40 for use of the instructors car for the second part2 test and the part3 test.

Now I just need to decide on which franchise to go with, torn between LDC or possibly the AA.....

Last edited by raz38 (19-07-13 15:49:11)

#91 12-08-16 11:40:19

Dadsninja

Hi all...
New to this so looking for support. Next month will have the 2k needed to pay for the ldc course. As i had a dbs went on .gov site and registered as trainee instructor.
What should i do next (apart from read and practice the HP test n highway code)
Want to pack my job in asap to do this full time as hate my office 9-5 job,
I am in leeds all comments welcome
Jonathan

#92 12-08-16 19:14:01

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Whatever you do, do not pack your job in.
There are hundreds of failed driving instructors out there.
Some who couldn't pass the part three test, some who couldn't make the business pay.
Read driving the essential skills multiple times, same with the Highway Code. You need to know them backwards as well as forwards. Don't worry about mock tests, work on understanding the principles of safe driving first.
The LDC training is very good, they will guide you through. Learn the training materials, do not underestimate the tests!
Start thinking about how you drive.
Do you drive the way the books indicate? Start improving, your everyday driving needs to be perfect, safe and with appropriate consideration for others.
Once you get to part three come back and ask about anything you need.

Board footer